fish and chips resaurant on valor

the fish & chips on glory was so fabulous that we ate lunch there every day. they had boiubase (you know , the seafood soup w/ mussels, clams, shrimp etc. the had fried small oysters (good), some raw seafood stuff that was good, & some other stuff. good. good.

The fish and chips is very lightly battered white cod, as good as I have had anywhere. Chips are, of course, french fries.

All dishes are served on stainless steel plates and bowls, with a nice presentation.

They have an astounding raw tuna on a cube of watermelon. This is sooo good and beats the stew out the sushi they have in the evenings on deck 5.

Go check it out. My advice is to go right when they open (noon, I think) because the line forms quickly after that and it can be long. We always got there early and never had to wait.

Nice tip: in the mornings before the fish and chips opens, the entire second floor dining room is virtually empty. It is a nice place to sit out of the wind and talk or read.

The Fish & Chips place is a buffet style place on the deck. On the Valor it is located on the level just above Rosie's at the aft starboard side (in the rear on the right). Just go up the steps out by the pool on that side and you should be looking right at it. In addition to the standard fish and chips, they alwyas seemed to have a great soup or two (the bouliabaise was great), as well as severl other fishy treats. I am normally not a huge fan of fried fish, but this was very tasty and lightly breaded.

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Carnival Valor~December 2005

We sailed Liberty April 2006. I to love fish. I loved the fried fish, oysters. I also liked the Sushi as well. The problem was the menu did not change. So after a couple of days I had tried everything. People are right about the seating area near F&C. Even when we ate at the Lido deck buffett we still went above to the seating area, always less crowded.

DeanHamy:)

Are fish and chips offered only on the Conquest class ships or are they also offered on the smaller Fantasy class ships? DH and I have not seen them on either the Inspiration or the Fantasy. We are sailing again in October on the Sensation and would like to try it, as we have heard so many good reviews about the fish and chips. Any replies appreciated.

Just LOOKING at Rosie is getting me REALLY excited for my cruise!

4 days of work!

I'll have to see if we can try the fish and chips and I'll mention it in my review when I get back! Unless of course the OP is on the same cruise as me ^_^

• 3 years later...

I've been on Valor twice and really enjoyed eating lunch at the Fish N' Chips on the deck just above Rosie's Restaurant. What really impressed me (besides the fish of course) was that every time I went there, many of the ship's officers were eating there also. That should give you an idea of how good it is. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what kind of oil they use to fry the fish? My son is allergic to peanuts and thus cannot eat things fried in peanut oil. I know peanut oil is cheaper than veggie oil, so I was wondering what Carnival would be using. Obviously, I can check once we are on board but I hate to get his hopes up and then dashed as we are standing there ready to order.

Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know what kind of oil they use to fry the fish? My son is allergic to peanuts and thus cannot eat things fried in peanut oil. I know peanut oil is cheaper than veggie oil, so I was wondering what Carnival would be using. Obviously, I can check once we are on board but I hate to get his hopes up and then dashed as we are standing there ready to order.

Thanks for the info!

Contact Carnival direct

Bob

Can anyone tell us about the fish and chips restaurant on the valor? What type of dishes are offered? soups? main dishes? etc. We are avid fish eaters :D and are looking to try out new things. Is it an out cafe style or inclosed? thanks for all the help

Its on the panaorama deck mid-aft above Rosies you can get to it by the sliders on the Panorama deck or the laddders oops stairwells on either side in the rear of Rosies on the Lido deck there is and island food station that will serve tacos or deserts cant miss it

Enjoy The Valor (2x cruiser):D The fish and chips r awesome If im recalling correct they do vary their menu a little daily

Make sure you enjoy it as much as you can in the begining of the cruise because by the end of the cruise on a sea day the secret is out and they get backed up and it wil be like the omlet station for bkfast:eek:

Thanks for the info! Depart in 10 days and Fish and Chips is like wife's favorite! I've been telling her the first thing we have to do when we get on board (ok 2nd thing :p) is to find the Fish and Chips. Even not open that day to find it...

Archived