Carnival Splendor coming downunder

As a P&O ship.

I thought it would be another of the Princess three.

I believe Splendor is coming down in replacement of the P&O Australia new build that was nixed.

Another oldie for the Aussies lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a few years before it heads our way isn't it? I could be wrong but for some reason I thought 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep...Late 2019 . Carnival gets a newbuild which was designated to be the first brand new ship for Australia . .....however thats all changed and the new one will stay Stateside and we get another used one.:rolleyes:

No doubt they will change the name to Pacific ..something.

Yep...Late 2019 . Carnival gets a newbuild which was designated to be the first brand new ship for Australia . .....however thats all changed and the new one will stay Stateside and we get another used one.:rolleyes:

No doubt they will change the name to Pacific ..something.

Perhaps the Pacific Splendon't.:p

Perhaps the Pacific Splendon't.:p

Spendon't.....or Spendmore:rolleyes:

P&O now have so many different class ships, Dawn/Jewel, Pacific Explorer (Sun class) the two ex Hal ships, now a Carnival hand me down. Then spend millions trying to make them all look the same with the same features.

Spendon't.....or Spendmore:rolleyes:

P&O now have so many different class ships, Dawn/Jewel, Pacific Explorer (Sun class) the two ex Hal ships, now a Carnival hand me down. Then spend millions trying to make them all look the same with the same features.

Yes that sounds like what to expect from p&o!

Can't say I'm expecting them to deviate from the plan with dawn princess or splendour [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Splendor is the one that broke down...(lost power) off the coast of California and had to be towed home. They had to airdrop cans of spam to feed the passengers.:D

It is also the sister ship to the Costa Concordia :rolleyes: :p

So is the Queen Victoria and the Queen Elisabeth, ;)

Actually I think those two ships are more based on the carnival spirit class. The Concordia/splendor are larger. I remember being docked right next to the Victoria in Messina once while we were on the carnival freedom (similar-ish to splendor) and the Victoria definitely looked smaller and with the spirit class humps down the sides, etc.

I do feel sorry for P&O not getting a brand new ship. But I did a Mexican riviera cruise on the Splendor in 2011 and loved it. After you get over the initial pink theme, it starts to grow on you and it is quite a good overall ship. It has a great big double story main pool area with the retractable roof making it good for any weather by day and excellent for night time theme parties. For anyone that has been on the local carnival ships, you will certainly see the carnival similarities and crazy joe farcus designed themes. Being a bigger ship it has two mdr's, a slightly larger theatre with a band pit (if they still use it), better pool areas, another show lounge aft, and a few more things I can't think of right now. lol.

Personally I think P&O will be very lucky to get such a good large ship that will only be about 10 years old compared to the much older ones they usually get.

After you get over the initial pink theme, it starts to grow on you and it is quite a good overall ship. It has a great big double story main pool area with the retractable roof making it good for any weather by day and excellent for night time theme parties. For anyone that has been on the local carnival ships, you will certainly see the carnival similarities and crazy joe farcus designed themes. Being a bigger ship it has two mdr's, a slightly larger theatre with a band pit (if they still use it), better pool areas, another show lounge aft, and a few more things I can't think of right now. lol.

Personally I think P&O will be very lucky to get such a good large ship that will only be about 10 years old compared to the much older ones they usually get.

When P&O bought the Carnival Jubilee and it sailed as the Pacific Sun from Sydney for a few years...... we were used to the ex Princess ship/Sitmar decor, Pacific Sky (Sky Princess) and Fair Princess.

The Pacific Sun was certainly colourful:p

Carnival Splendor is the sole ship of the Splendor class, a smaller, modified version of the Concordia-class cruise ship, operated by Costa. She entered service on 2 July 2008. At 113,323 GT,[6] she was the largest ship in Carnival Cruise Line until Carnival Dream debuted in September 2009. There are currently no plans to build another ship like her. The Carnival Splendor is widely known for the November 2010 incident in which a fire started in the engine room, shutting down all electrical power to the ship.

The ship was originally designed and ordered for Costa Cruises and is similar in design to Costa Serena, Costa Pacifica, Costa Favolosa, Costa Concordia, and the Costa Fascinosa with a larger spa and children's facilities. But the Carnival Splendor was transferred to Carnival Cruise Lines during construction.[7]

On December 15, 2016 it was announced that the ship would be transfer to the P&O Cruises Australia fleet in 2019.[8]

Another oldie, but then some people don't like the new beaut ships. :(

I hope they install a lawn so that we have somewhere to water when the toilets all break again. :p

Spendon't.....or Spendmore. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the spend-a-penny would be more appropriate then. :p

Cheers r

:cool:

Carnival Splendor is the sole ship of the Splendor class, a smaller, modified version of the Concordia-class cruise ship, operated by Costa. She entered service on 2 July 2008. At 113,323 GT,[6] she was the largest ship in Carnival Cruise Line until Carnival Dream debuted in September 2009. There are currently no plans to build another ship like her. The Carnival Splendor is widely known for the November 2010 incident in which a fire started in the engine room, shutting down all electrical power to the ship.

The ship was originally designed and ordered for Costa Cruises and is similar in design to Costa Serena, Costa Pacifica, Costa Favolosa, Costa Concordia, and the Costa Fascinosa with a larger spa and children's facilities. But the Carnival Splendor was transferred to Carnival Cruise Lines during construction.[7]

On December 15, 2016 it was announced that the ship would be transfer to the P&O Cruises Australia fleet in 2019.[8]

Cheers, for the background information.:D