Pristine Bay day pass

miningdolphin

We are sailing to Roatan in early April and are considering doing the Pristine Bay day pass. Can anyone comment on the facilities, pool and beach or have other recommendations for a nicer relaxing pool/beach resort that offers day passes?

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there!

We just visited Pristine Bay on our cruise two weeks ago. It was a beautiful resort. The pools were giant, there were plenty of cabanas, the food was good (though on the pricey side, as to be expected.) The service was fast, courteous, not intrusive. It was VERY quiet. We ran into a gentleman who has a condo on the property and the day we were there with less than 10 other cruise guests, he said it was the most people he's seen in months. The bathrooms on the property were OK - we didn't use the ones inside to comment there.

HOWEVER - and this is a big however for me - the beach is not made for swimming. It's roped off at less than waist-high. Apparently there's a big drop-off at that point. If you're just there to lay out and enjoy the sand, the chairs and umbrellas are plentiful, and the beach frequently cleared of sticks and seaweed and other debris, so it really is pristine.

Hey there!

We just visited Pristine Bay on our cruise two weeks ago. It was a beautiful resort. The pools were giant, there were plenty of cabanas, the food was good (though on the pricey side, as to be expected.) The service was fast, courteous, not intrusive. It was VERY quiet. We ran into a gentleman who has a condo on the property and the day we were there with less than 10 other cruise guests, he said it was the most people he's seen in months. The bathrooms on the property were OK - we didn't use the ones inside to comment there.

HOWEVER - and this is a big however for me - the beach is not made for swimming. It's roped off at less than waist-high. Apparently there's a big drop-off at that point. If you're just there to lay out and enjoy the sand, the chairs and umbrellas are plentiful, and the beach frequently cleared of sticks and seaweed and other debris, so it really is pristine.

Did you book in advance? What was the cost for a day pass? Did they supply towels, chairs?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there!

Thanks so much for your helpful information... my girlfriend & I have this excursion booked as our hubby's are playing golf there in early April. I was hoping to snorkel while we're there.... but it doesn't look like (from your review) that is possible.

So, basically what do you get for you $90? A swim in their pools & a beach chair?

I wonder.... if I brought my own snorkel gear, if I could snorkel around the area? Is the water calm? I wonder if it's worth bothering with that?

Thanks in advance for any "more" insight on Pristine Bay's Day pass.

I wonder.... if I brought my own snorkel gear, if I could snorkel around the area? Is the water calm? I wonder if it's worth bothering with that?

Thanks in advance for any "more" insight on Pristine Bay's Day pass.

No insight on Pristine Bay--- Just my humble opinion... the place to snorkel is Tabayana Beach / Infinity Bay / Banarama area. It is completely SURREAL snorkeling. I felt like I was IN a Nat'l Geographic documentary - huge schools of fish, sea turtles, BEAUTIFUL fishes everywhere!

Just saying. :o

No insight on Pristine Bay--- Just my humble opinion... the place to snorkel is Tabayana Beach / Infinity Bay / Banarama area. It is completely SURREAL snorkeling. I felt like I was IN a Nat'l Geographic documentary - huge schools of fish, sea turtles, BEAUTIFUL fishes everywhere!

Just saying. :o

Had the same feeling when I was there. Really quite amazing.

Archived