Barcelona HOHO bus discount

shallwe

I've booked online with the main Barcelona HOHO bus for our upcoming city visit. I went to pay for it and saw a box for 'promotional codes'. One quick Google and clicking on the first link gave me a code that said had expired, but in fact still worked.

25% discount :) Very nice thank you :)

Can you post the code here, or the website? I've found some 10% discounts, but none for 25%!

Thanks!

The code I used (and it still works as of 5 minutes ago) is: - FTPE11

Hope this helps as it brought the cost down from £47 to £35.25 :D

The code I used (and it still works as of 5 minutes ago) is: - FTPE11

Hope this helps as it brought the cost down from £47 to £35.25 :D

Which hoho bus did you book - Bus Turistic or the City Tour? I didn't see a place to put a promo code on Bus Turistic.

Which hoho bus did you book - Bus Turistic or the City Tour? I didn't see a place to put a promo code on Bus Turistic.

City-Sightseeing.com website - Bus Turistic. I gather I can't post the website address here but if you type in Barcelona hoho bus in Google, you will find the website at the very top (under the ads).

The promo code box is towards the end of the checkout procedure.

Hope that helps?

There are Two buses that compete for tourists - Barcelona Turistic (Multi coloured) and Barcelona Tour (Red)

The RED bus is the cheapest by about 10%.

Both offer discounts for pre-booking on-line - normally 10%off

The Red bus is the best for over 65 - 33% off (No over 65 discount on Turistic)

Turistic and Barcelona Tour operate almost exactly same routes.

Turistic has more buses hence are more frequent, consequently the most popular

Edited by mickey89

There are Two buses that compete for tourists - Barcelona Turistic (Multi coloured) and Barcelona Tour (Red)

The RED bus is the cheapest by about 10%.

Both offer discounts for pre-booking on-line - normally 10%off

The Red bus is the best for over 65 - 33% off (No over 65 discount on Turistic)

Turistic and Barcelona Tour operate almost exactly same routes.

Turistic has more buses hence are more frequent, consequently the most popular

Can't disagree about the prices and can't comment on the over 65 discount as I'm no-where near 65........yet! Although I did notice that the same website gave a 25% discount to over 65's for other city HOHO buses, but not Barcelona.

Turistic is the favourite in my research as not only does it have three routes (although to be fair you probably wouldn't be over interested in the 'Green' route as it isn't very picturesque), but the two other routes have far more bus stops and hence the ability to get to many more areas.

Edited by shallwe

Can't disagree about the prices and can't comment on the over 65 discount as I'm no-where near 65........yet! Although I did notice that the same website gave a 25% discount to over 65's for other city HOHO buses, but not Barcelona.

Turistic is the favourite in my research as not only does it have three routes (although to be fair you probably wouldn't be over interested in the 'Green' route as it isn't very picturesque), but the two other routes have far more bus stops and hence the ability to get to many more areas.

Is this opinion from your research or from actually riding these buses?

We were in Barcelona about 11 months ago before a TA. We bought tickets for the Red bus. One thing we noticed was that the Bus Turisic [blue bus] had long waiting lines at the most popular places.

One morning we wanted to ride the first bus around and get off a Segrada Familia. When we arrived at the Placa Catalunya to get on our Red bus there were huge lines in the square. We thought we were out of luck. But, we soon discovered the lines were for the blue bus. We had no problem. In the 2 days we rode the red bus we never had to wait for another bus. I saw this at several of the Gaudi sites on the blue bus. YMMV

Is this opinion from your research or from actually riding these buses?

We were in Barcelona about 11 months ago before a TA. We bought tickets for the Red bus. One thing we noticed was that the Bus Turisic [blue bus] had long waiting lines at the most popular places.

One morning we wanted to ride the first bus around and get off a Segrada Familia. When we arrived at the Placa Catalunya to get on our Red bus there were huge lines in the square. We thought we were out of luck. But, we soon discovered the lines were for the blue bus. We had no problem. In the 2 days we rode the red bus we never had to wait for another bus. I saw this at several of the Gaudi sites on the blue bus. YMMV

Agree...This is the exact situation we found also...so glad we opted for the privately owned Red Bus.