What to do thats not all beach? Parents 45th anniversary trip and want to plan it...

rene194215

Hello! My parents are going on a cruise in May going to Grand Turk, LaRomana, Curacao and Aruba. My mom has been on 1 cruise to the Bahamas but she also had been there before as has my dad. Otherwise their travels have been in the US. They have not been to any Islands before and I am trying to find excursions that they will both feel comfortable doing. Althought thier anniversary is in July, (45 years!!!) they are going away a bit earlier.

One curve ball is that my dad had burned his leg a few years ago and it needs to be covered. He can go to the beach but in the shade with the leg covered most of the time. Some sun with sunscreen on is ok. My mom cannot walk a LONG time due to s foot issue. Other wise they are in great shape!!

So, what it comes down to is that I am looking for something, possibly a tour of the Island? Not a lot of beachy type excursions. I have not been to these islands before so I really cant think of much. I looked at Carnivals excursions and am not that excited about most of them. I would appreciate any help and advise!!!

Also, I am posting this on each of the Islands forums.

We have been to two of the islands you mention, Aruba and Curacao, on our S. Caribbean cruise in December. We were on a Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas. We did ship sponsored excursions on each of the islands. All were short sightseeing tours on small air conditioned buses with frequent stops. They were all enjoyable.

My wife took a lot of pictures and made a slideshow for her website. I'll insert a link below so you can view it if you wish. It may give you some ideas for planning purposes even though you will be on a Carnival cruise.

S. Caribbean Shore Excursions on Adventure Of The Seas

The pictures of Aruba and Curacao are included with other pictures in the slide show but they are identified so you will know which ones they are when you see them. I think Curacao was the prettiest out of the ones we saw.

Suggest to your parents that one of them take a lot of pictures on their cruise. A 45th wedding anniversary is a wonderful achievement and well worth celebrating! :D

Edited by JimAOk1945

Hi there is lots to do on Curacao

Prob best the hire their own taxi for the day

Highlights - no involving much walking

Shete Boka - you can drive right up to 3 of these sites

West Punt -

Most of these beachs you can drive up to take lovely pics and then move off

Lagun - get the taxi driver to stop at Bahia diving/cafe - take a rest see the iguanas up close

And then lost to see around

Flamingos, churches, landhouses

If you on your own tour or taxi you can do what you want when you want - stopping when you want as well!!!

We have been to two of the islands you mention, Aruba and Curacao, on our S. Caribbean cruise in December. We were on a Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas. We did ship sponsored excursions on each of the islands. All were short sightseeing tours on small air conditioned buses with frequent stops. They were all enjoyable.

My wife took a lot of pictures and made a slideshow for her website. I'll insert a link below so you can view it if you wish. It may give you some ideas for planning purposes even though you will be on a Carnival cruise.

S. Caribbean Shore Excursions on Adventure Of The Seas

The pictures of Aruba and Curacao are included with other pictures in the slide show but they are identified so you will know which ones they are when you see them. I think Curacao was the prettiest out of the ones we saw.

Suggest to your parents that one of them take a lot of pictures on their cruise. A 45th wedding anniversary is a wonderful achievement and well worth celebrating! :D

Thank you for the link and for the information! Beautiful!!!! I wish I was going:cool: I need to give my parents a tutorial becasue when they went to Vegas last year they did bad with picture taking. My dad THOUGHT he was taking pictures and videos but in fact did not:( So I will definatly do this before!

Hi there is lots to do on Curacao

Prob best the hire their own taxi for the day

Highlights - no involving much walking

Shete Boka - you can drive right up to 3 of these sites

West Punt -

Most of these beachs you can drive up to take lovely pics and then move off

Lagun - get the taxi driver to stop at Bahia diving/cafe - take a rest see the iguanas up close

And then lost to see around

Flamingos, churches, landhouses

If you on your own tour or taxi you can do what you want when you want - stopping when you want as well!!!

Hi, does a taxi give you a "tour" like expirience? It sounds good becasue it would be the 2 of them. Do the drivers tell a little something about this Island? Also, what is the cost? Thanks!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, does a taxi give you a "tour" like expirience? It sounds good becasue it would be the 2 of them. Do the drivers tell a little something about this Island? Also, what is the cost? Thanks!!!!

Hello,

Just checking to see if anyone has imformation on this? Are the taxi drivers "tour guides" or do you just tell them to take you around the Island. Also, just wondering price?

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...