Will suitcase fit under bed? Allure B1 Boardwalk Balcony Stateroom in particular

Will we be able to store suitcases under the bed? By the looks of our room there is very limited closet space.

One thing we loved about our last cruise on a different line was that the bed was raised slightly so we were able to slide the suitcases under it with no problem.

Will we be able to store suitcases under the bed? By the looks of our room there is very limited closet space.

One thing we loved about our last cruise on a different line was that the bed was raised slightly so we were able to slide the suitcases under it with no problem.

If it won't fit just ask your room steward she/he will take care of it.

We managed to fit our three full size cases under the bed. We had to lift the bed slightly to slide them under, only because there was a slight lip at the edge of the bed frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless your bags are very large yes they will fit. That's where we always store ours

Agree.

In general bags up to the common 25" tall (and 14" thick) luggage bags will go under the bed just fine. LIft up the end a tad and then slide in the bag(s)...easy peasy.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. We have 30" Heys Elite Hard sided luggage.

The height doesn't matter so much...it's the thickness/depth of the luggage (most carry-on and a number of larger luggage offerings are 14 or less thick).

Those all fit...whether soft or hard-sided.

We had a Boardwalk Balcony on Oasis (sister ship). Our suitcases were rather large and they fix just fine without having to lift the bed frame.

Some people open their suitcases and lay them out flat to slid them under the bed.

LuLu

The height doesn't matter so much...it's the thickness/depth of the luggage (most carry-on and a number of larger luggage offerings are 14 or less thick).

Those all fit...whether soft or hard-sided.

If there a centre or other support beam that sticks down at all height matters

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If there a centre or other support beam that sticks down at all height matters
We managed to get 2-30" cases and a set of golf clubs under the bed on the oasis...no problem!

We also fit a 25" tall large suitcase and 2 21" carry-ons under the bed on Oasis.

While there is frame support below...there is plenty of room as indicated by a number of posters.

Thanks for all the replies. It looks like we will have the least amount of closet space we've had in a long time. If the hard sided will fit under the bed we will bring those. If they wouldn't I'd swap 2 out for large rolling duffle bags!

What about large hard side luggage? Will those fit as well?

Thanks!

They may not fit closed, but 99% of bags will easily fit when opened up(sorry steamer trunks don't fit:) ). It also becomes extra storage under the bed. We have large hard sided cases and that slid right under.

They may not fit closed, but 99% of bags will easily fit when opened up(sorry steamer trunks don't fit:) ). It also becomes extra storage under the bed. We have large hard sided cases and that slid right under.

How did you know I was implying my steamer trunk :eek: ??

No, we bought a 28" Samsonite (hard side) today. I haven't measured the sides yet :rolleyes: but I was hoping to be able to lock up our laptop, camera, etc, in it when we not in the room. If not, we will have a carryon we can lock them up in.

Thanks for the tip!

Our 2 larger bags did not fit (and these were not our largest suitcases as we had left them at home). Tried to lift the frame a little but it wouldn't budge (hadn't had our first Drink of the Day yet!:p). We ended up putting them in the corner of the cabin by the balcony door. We had the bed by the balcony set-up on our BW balcony cabin. We didn't find them to be in our way in that corner. The closet is small by comparison to other classes of RCCL ships that we have sailed on. But we didn't let this bother us at all...we were on ALLURE!!!:D Our best cruise ever & our most favorite ship to date! We still miss her.:(

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by novalab

Our 2 larger bags did not fit (and these were not our largest suitcases as we had left them at home). Tried to lift the frame a little but it wouldn't budge (hadn't had our first Drink of the Day yet!:p). We ended up putting them in the corner of the cabin by the balcony door. We had the bed by the balcony set-up on our BW balcony cabin. We didn't find them to be in our way in that corner. The closet is small by comparison to other classes of RCCL ships that we have sailed on. But we didn't let this bother us at all...we were on ALLURE!!!:D Our best cruise ever & our most favorite ship to date! We still miss her.:(

Have a wonderful cruise!

That how our room is laid out as well.

Since our last closets were like this in our stateroom I think I'm in for a bit of a shock this time...lol ImageUploadedByForums1406137263.926649.jpg.ba405b0835916fa94e6ebae19807f17d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1406137241.528380.jpg.7bd2ff8fc0827a01e57cdca729808a27.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1406137252.857212.jpg.9ccfb5e36ad0d1260090106e1332825d.jpg