Seavis tours

lnrc

Has anyone had any experience with this company?. The excursion looks really cool. It is a speedboat ride then thru mangroves, stopping at Saona island and then onto Piscina. Comes with a lunch and is reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to hear back about this tour, it is about the only thing I have found that looks interesting. The only thing that worries me is not getting back to the ship in time. It does say we would be back by 3:15, so hoping that is correct. I will wait to hear about a few more experiences before I book this adventure!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello all,

Group of ~10 of us doing this in June from our Carnival Valor roll call. Here is the email from Ingrid at Seavis - hope it helps:

thanks for your email. So I changed your voucher to the Saona Special. Our Saona Special (http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/shoreexcursion_e.htm , follow the link please) fits the time table of Carnival. We leave Bayahibe around 09:45 am - 10:00 am and we return at 03:15 pm. For the ships that arrive at 10:00 am the schedule is shifted with 1 hour. The Saona Special is a shared tour with other people. This excursion will take you along the various highlights to the island of Saona. And the tour has something for everybody: some snorkeling, nature, artisan shopping, beach time and a nice lunch. All with an incredible scenery. The costs for the Saona Special are US$ 65 p.p., children < 12 years pay US$ 32. The price includes all drinks, snacks, lunch, English guiding and the use of the snorkel equipment. The lunch consists of tuna salad, pork chops, chicken drum sticks, dominican rice, various salads, potatoes, pasta, fruits and french bread. Non-alcoholic drinks are water, orange juice, cola, sprite. The alcoholic drinks are rum mixes the whole day and beers with the lunch on Catuano beach. Additional beers (outside the lunch time) are for sale on Catuano Beach.

The taxi fare from the cruise port to Bayahibe (25 minutes) and back will be arranged by "TAXI CASA DE CAMPO" (this is an independent company). As soon as you leave the ship you'll see the coordinator with a sign of the taxi association. Please report as soon as you can leave the ship to the coordinator, she will make sure you will be in the proper taxi and she will pool the people going to our tour or going to Bayahibe. For a detailed view of the port and the meeting points, please have a look here: http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/images/LaRomanaCruisePort.jpg . The costs for the round trip taxi fare is US$ 15 p.p., payable in cash to us. We'll then pay the taxis.

The payment for the tour is also in cash (US$, Euro or pesos; no cards) on arrival in Bayahibe. Below you see the voucher for the Saona Special tour on june 12. Can you check if everything is correct and reply to this email to confirm. In case something changes we'll send you an email.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Kind regards,

Ingrid

Seavis Bayahibe

Email: seavis_ingrid@yahoo.com

Phone: + (1) 809 833 0477 / + (1) 829 708 4560

Has anyone had any experience with this company?. The excursion looks really cool. It is a speedboat ride then thru mangroves, stopping at Saona island and then onto Piscina. Comes with a lunch and is reasonable.

Just do a little research on cc (not much work, really, just search using key words) and you'll find a ton of helpful info on the Seavis Saona Special. Absolutely the best day you'll have on the water.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a fantastic excursion and a great company. Just back from 5/29 stop in DR and my wife and I loved the Seavis excursion to Saona Island. As our ship pulled in to La Romana it was pouring rain and Carnival announced that several ship tours were cancelled, including their own speed boat tour to Saona Island. We were bummed and thought for sure Seavis would cancel as well, but still decided to head off the ship and meet up at the designated time and I am so glad we made that decision. Not only did Seavis continue with the tour, but the rain storm quickly turned to sunshine for a beautiful day. Lunch was delicious, and there was loooots of rum to make it even more fun.

Kirsten was our guide and she really made the tour special. She has a great personality and really adds a fun factor to the tour. This is an A+ organization. I highly recommend this tour.

I will try and post some pics once I upload from my camera onto my computer.

I'm glad everyone had a great time on their tour, however ours was not the fun it was hyped to be. A lot of us found the speed boat very bumpy and absolutely do not recommend it to anyone who is older or frail. The bumps when we hit the waves were very hard and I believe hard enought to cause spinal fractures in someone with weak bone density. Also on the way back after the tour, the speed boats were racing each other and we felt that one big wave hit the wrong way, we would flip over. Kirsten you were very nice and outgoing, but we were honestly frightened during the racing. We were on the June 12 tour.

We were also disappointed in the mangroves tour. The website looks like you actually go into the mangroves, but a short drive-by along the coast was nothing like we anticipated. Maybe I misunderstood....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are booked with them for Dec 25 what a special Christmas present to be on a beach instead of snow.

We will be on the Breeze in port from 9-4.

I am a worry wart about time, did you find it was cutting it short to get back on time. They mention they return by 3:15.

We were on a fourth boat Melinda. They kept our tour private with just the 15 of us. I figured there was a chance you were on one of the three boats so I took a picture so you would have another perspective. I too loved the tour! Cole will be dreaming of the sea turtles and starfish for the rest of his life!

Archived