Autoprogreso tour to Uxmal-are the ruins all you see?

MKJ87

Trying to decide if we want to do the Uxmal tour while in Progreso end of May. I've read they are the best ruins, however, not sure if I want to spend my entire port day doing just this one thing. Does it take the entire day we're in port (7:30-4:00), or does it end with a few hours to spare so we can do some other sight-seeing or shopping? Or do we stop at some other things on the way back? Also is lunch provided? Just really want to know is it just 90 min bus ride...ruins...90 min bus ride...get on ship. Plan B may be the Dzibilchaltun tour with Merida...but the ruins do not look near as cool. Have never been here before, so definitely a newbie about what's available to see/do.:confused:

We did the Uxmal tour through the ship and not Auto-Progresso. I was afraid of not getting back on time because it is quite a ride. The tour took all day and we got back in time to get on the ship; no shopping. There is a little shopping at Uxmal and we had a wonderful lunch there as well. We have used Auto-Progresso for other things and they are a wonderful company. I don't think you will have much time to do anything else this day with the Uxmal tour.

Uxmal is amazing. ! :)

The Carnival tour is an hour longer than AutoProgresso. I asked about that here a while back and I was told that the Carnival excursion includes lunch. So I suspect that the AutoProgresso tour only includes the ruins. No stops along the way to eat or shop. It would be cool if they included a stop in Merida, but I suspect that they want to have a lot of time to get back to the port.

We have done this twice with Autoprogresso. Great tour. It is just there and back, no stops. They will drop you in town in Progresso but we have passed each time.

Just remember that it is freakin hot. We went in August and in February. August was brutal. I say this as it was do hot I did not want to shop I was ready for a nap and dome A/C on the ship. Cozumel has much better shopping.

We enjoyed Dzibilchaltun a few years ago. The others are great, I have been at those in the past with college groups but for a cruise tour Dzibilchaltun is my recommendation. It is a short bus ride, there are a lot to see, and it is no as much walking, and there is a sink hole that you can jump in and cool off. (A real winner for the kids.)

• 3 months later...
The Carnival tour is an hour longer than AutoProgresso. I asked about that here a while back and I was told that the Carnival excursion includes lunch.

At least a few years back the Carnival provided lunch was a sack lunch; although you could use your time to eat in the restaurant on site.

There were no other stops though.