Children Onboard

venicecruiser

Azamara is not a line that attracts parents with young children because there are no children's facilities. That is not to say there will be no children on board, but typically, they are with well travelled parents who are well aware of the limitations of Azamara if you have children. Often they are in three generation groups.

Not forgetting of course, there can be the lovely children of ship's senior officers.

We have only had one Azamara cruise when children were a "nuisance" - a new year cruise in South America with a large group of South Americans who perhaps had different views on when children should be in the dining room and when they should be asleep in bed, but it was not a cruise spoiler, more a minor irritant.

If the children on Azamara come with "well traveled parents who are well aware of the limitations of Azamara" they are unlike the parents of children on the true luxury lines like Seabourn, Silversea or Regent. There the parents who bring their kids on these ships are much more interested in fulfilling their own needs than their kids'. Otherwise they'd take them on Disney, RCCL or Carnival where there are programs and distractions to keep them occupied so they don't have to resort to running around the corridors, jumping in the pool, screaming, pushing all the elevator buttons....all of this while their parents ignore them. or worse sit by and smile, thinking it's all cute.

If the children on Azamara come with "well traveled parents who are well aware of the limitations of Azamara" they are unlike the parents of children on the true luxury lines like Seabourn, Silversea or Regent.

From my experience of Azamara it would appear that indeed they are different. Never had an issue.

Phil

running around the corridors, jumping in the pool, screaming, pushing all the elevator buttons....all of this while their parents ignore them. or worse sit by and smile, thinking it's all cute.

I have never seen that on Azamara, even amongst the South American group. And as regards teenagers, I have met charming, articulate young men and women who were being introduced to European history by their parents and grandparents and who had done far more pre cruise background reading into the history and geology of areas than I had done.

I think from what you are saying I had better avoid Silversea, Seabourne and Regent, thanks for the tip

There were more children on our New Years cruise from San Juan to Miami than on our Mediterranean cruise, but still not that many and all perfectly behaved. If our two cruises are typical, there won't be many onboard and those that are sailing with you will be well behaved.