Rome Hotel

b7440

I will be cruising out of Rome next May, looking for Hotel ideas. I use both a walker and a mobility scooter to get around, so I need an accessible room. Would like to stay in the center of town. I would like to keep the price to no more then $300.00 per night.

We stayed at one of the Best Western hotels in Rome. That particular one is no longer on their list, however they do have another one close to the Train Station. http://www.hoteluniverso.com/en/home-page.aspx They indicate they have rooms for the disabled, however I would send them an email to verify that they can accommodate you. I feel that this hotel in a good location. Very close to the train station and the ho ho buses. I think all the ho ho buses have space for one wheel chair. We took the train to the port. Lot less expensive than any tour or shuttle service and very easy. It is an easy jaunt from the train station in Civitavecchia, just a short distance to the ship's shuttle. We also took the train to the airport. http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

• 2 months later...

We stayed at the BW Royal Santina about 2 years ago and were very pleased with it. It was about a block and a half from the Temini, the HOHO stopped and finished across the street, there were several nice restos nearby and a very friendly staff. The inclusive breakfast was a feast each morning. I haven't checked prices recently but we were in the $200 range and is a place we would go back to in a heartbeat. The hotel was accessible and our room was very accessible, clean quiet and comfortable.

http://www.hotelroyalsantina.com/

Hi,

While the people of Italy are lovely, caring people the facilities for disabled people are lacking. One of the main reasons is the buildings can't be changed to make adjustments for disabled persons.

My suggestion is to look for the most modern hotel you can find that is nearest to where you want to be.

Pete

• 6 months later...

Sage travel just wrote an article on Rome in a wheelchair with several hotel suggestions. Go to their website and take a look. I have been to Rome twice from a cruise but have never stayed there. Have fun. You should consider getting a special guide for the Vatican so that you don't have to wait in the long lines. They will take you in another door.

Sage travel just wrote an article on Rome in a wheelchair with several hotel suggestions. Go to their website and take a look. I have been to Rome twice from a cruise but have never stayed there. Have fun. You should consider getting a special guide for the Vatican so that you don't have to wait in the long lines. They will take you in another door.

Throughout Europe, including Italy disabled people get priority in museums and venues. There is normally no charge or reduced entrance charge for the disabled person and their companion has free entrance. Details are on the websites.

At the Vatican there is a priority entrance for disabled visitors.