Healthy option meals on cruise?

waterlegs

As we all know, it depends on what ship and what they have for food venues.......but when we've gone on Royal Caribbean, I've always ordered cocktail shrimps as an app at dinner. As for breakfast, I'll try and order a fresh veggie omelet, and lunch I'll have grilled chicken sandwiches, fresh salads, panini's, etc.

For example, the last cruise I went on 2 weeks ago (on Carnival Liberty), for breakfast I had a fresh veggie omelet each morning, for snacks I'd have carrots, celery, etc from the salad bar, lunch I had the Mongolian Wok one day, and fresh taco's from Blue Iguana Taco's the other and each night at dinner I had shrimp cocktails for an app. The first night I had a steak and broccoli as an entree. The other 2 nights I wasn't totally hungry so I just had shrimp cocktails as a meal. We did order room service on this cruise (for a fee) and their chicken quesadillas were pretty darn good.

I try and make the healthiest choices as possible, but also indulge some with food and alcoholic beverages. I normally workout on cruises too so I feel less guilty, lol!

Yes, there are so many healthy options on the ships. I love to eat healthy and exercise. I exercise at the gym every day and always take the stairs. I never drink alcohol or eat fried or salty foods, but will have desserts on a cruise(vanilla frozen yogurt, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate melting cake, and the diet desserts that are offered on lido and in the dining room).

All that I drink is water, and will have 1 or 2 Virgin Pina Coladas on a 7 day cruise . I eat an omelette for breakfast, fruits, and whole wheat toast (no butter) For lunch, I will have a whole wheat burrito with chicken, shrimp, and mild sauce, and have the vanilla frozen yogurt for dessert. They have a lot of fish options available as well as grilled chicken every night on the menu in the dining room, and desserts low in sugar.

• 2 weeks later...