airplane seats and seat belts

Kellie in Texas

I hear a nearly unanimous "groan" :)

Okay, cruise is in about four months; any weight loss between now and then will not be enough to fully address the problem for me. But I'm flying with DH and two sons, and my seats are next to my younger (smaller) son, so any "overlap" will just be between us. :p

Has anyone flown recently on Scandinavian Air (SAS)? We're on an Airbus 330 in economy. Seat width is 17.3 and pitch is 31-32. I know it will be tight. I'm wondering about the seat belt length. I've tried googling it and can't find anything.

Last flight I took was four years ago on Alaska Air; I purchased a seat belt extender and took it with me, used it discreetly. But I don't think it is the same type of buckle as on SAS.

Thanks for any info and bon voyage to all.

• 1 month later...

The last time I flew, which was domestic, I just quickly and confidently asked for a seatbelt extender as soon as I stepped on the plane, and I was handed one with no hesitation. That repeated on four different planes with the same ease. I don't know if I just got lucky or what, but I was sure thankful for no embarrassing scenes! Maybe you could talk to someone in customer service. Hope you have a great trip!

• 3 months later...

Back from the cruise now ... I took the extender that I had purchased a few years ago and it did in fact work on both types of airplanes we were on -- the Airbus 330 and the much smaller Embraer 175. I had the extender rolled up in a Ziploc bag with the receipt from when I purchased it, and when I sat down, I quietly got it out of my purse and buckled it on. Everybody else was so busy getting seated and stowing away luggage that no one ever noticed.

• 7 months later...
I hear a nearly unanimous "groan" :)

Okay, cruise is in about four months; any weight loss between now and then will not be enough to fully address the problem for me. But I'm flying with DH and two sons, and my seats are next to my younger (smaller) son, so any "overlap" will just be between us. :p

Has anyone flown recently on Scandinavian Air (SAS)? We're on an Airbus 330 in economy. Seat width is 17.3 and pitch is 31-32. I know it will be tight. I'm wondering about the seat belt length. I've tried googling it and can't find anything.

Last flight I took was four years ago on Alaska Air; I purchased a seat belt extender and took it with me, used it discreetly. But I don't think it is the same type of buckle as on SAS.

Thanks for any info and bon voyage to all.

I don't remember any problems on SAS back in 2014. So, either they fit, or they gave me the extender w/o any hassle.

A note w/ SAS. We got stuck in two non aisle seats. People sat on either side of us, and were asleep when we needed to use the restroom. Be sure to get aisle seats.

• 1 month later...