Viking Grand European AMS-BUD

Pricete

I just wanted to make a quick post about our trip, which was 5/7-21 with a 2 day stay in AMS before. First, the ship Magni was great, the program director superb. The food was good..we ate at both the terrace and dining room. The optional trips were all worthwhile....except: watch out for long bus trips (Salzburg and Munich), they don't give you much time in those cities. We ate dinner with different people every night to meet people and see how they were enjoying the trip. The only optional we heard complaints about and there were many, was the WW2 art storage in the caves under Nuremberg. We loved the trip, the only complaint is Air Viking and Air Canada, totally messed up and cost us a day in Amsterdam. Both companies customer service need help!

My wife and I agree everything on the ship was great. The entire wait staff is very friendly. Gary was our program director ..... Funny and efficient at the same time! We ate both in the dining room and the Aquavit with no complaints. Make sure you catch the talk at 6:45 pm on the next day's plans, or read the daily brochure put in your room during dinner as times can change on tours. I am sure you will enjoy the Magni!

Welcome home Pricete,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the service and food aboard Viking Magni. The dining room and terrace are great places to meet new people and savor exceptional cuisine. Even though you felt the optional tours were worthwhile, we are sorry to hear that the bus ride to and from the location did not meet your expectations. Similarly, it saddens us to hear that you were disappointed with the service from our Air Department and the third-party vendor, Air Canada. Please feel free to reach out to us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com if you would like to further discuss the details of your concerns.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to travel with you again soon.

King regards,

Viking Cruises

I just wanted to make a quick post about our trip, which was 5/7-21 with a 2 day stay in AMS before. First, the ship Magni was great, the program director superb. The food was good..we ate at both the terrace and dining room. The optional trips were all worthwhile....except: watch out for long bus trips (Salzburg and Munich), they don't give you much time in those cities. We ate dinner with different people every night to meet people and see how they were enjoying the trip. The only optional we heard complaints about and there were many, was the WW2 art storage in the caves under Nuremberg. We loved the trip, the only complaint is Air Viking and Air Canada, totally messed up and cost us a day in Amsterdam. Both companies customer service need help!

I wanted to update this post. I got a wonderful call from Viking. We had a great conversation about my complaints on the air problems. I am better informed of how they work, as well as airline constraints on them. Based on what I have learned, I would use them again.