Upcoming Jewel Alaska

So, DH and I are on the August 4 Jewel Alaska cruise. Our first NCL (but not first first!!) cruise and I need some help!

I am a MEGA planner!! To the degree that I make a spread sheet for my daily clothing options.

I noticed that our last day before disembarkation, we will be in Vancouver from 2:30 till 9:30pm. On other cruises, pax are asked to have their large bags packed and ready for the Attendants to take; while only keeping clothing and essentials for disembarkation the next day.

If we are in port until 9:30pm, packing and being ready to disembark the next morning is going to be a pain.

Can anybody shed some light on how NCL does this?

So you have two options. Option 1 is to place your suitcases outside your cabin door by midnight the night before disembarkation. Option 2 is to keep your luggage and carry it off your self the morning you disembark.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, DH and I are on the August 4 Jewel Alaska cruise. Our first NCL (but not first first!!) cruise and I need some help!

I am a MEGA planner!! To the degree that I make a spread sheet for my daily clothing options.

I noticed that our last day before disembarkation, we will be in Vancouver from 2:30 till 9:30pm. On other cruises, pax are asked to have their large bags packed and ready for the Attendants to take; while only keeping clothing and essentials for disembarkation the next day.

If we are in port until 9:30pm, packing and being ready to disembark the next morning is going to be a pain.

Can anybody shed some light on how NCL does this?

You have all morning to pack. You'll be back on board by 9:00 and have 3 hours to get your bags outside.

Hauling bags down the gangway is a pain. We never do it.

We didn't have to have our bags out until 1:00 am. I chose to carry off, but the rest of our party didn't seem to have any problems coming back on the ship around 8, going to dinner, and having packing done and out in the hall by that time.