Hampton Inn Convention Center, New Orleans

crooooze

It is about 4 blocks or so once you get out of the cruise terminal and on to Convention Blvd which is not too far if you don't have luggage, but it would be a chore with luggage. We ended up taking a taxi after our cruise. It's a bit of a rip as there is a standard charge to taxi from the cruise port. If I recall correctly it cost us the same amount as we paid to go from the Monteleone on Royal Street in the French quarter to the cruise port. The cab driver apologized for this. Even so, I would not have been willing to drag my luggage to the hotel. If you are splitting the cost among a cab load of travelers, it would not be worth the aggravation to walk. I can't remember exactly how much, the taxi was, but I think it was about $10.00. With that said, some people just roll their luggage up to Convention Blvd and try to flag a cab from there. This way you avoid the cruise port surcharge.

Is there a cruise port surcharge if you take the hotel shuttle?

• 2 weeks later...
It is about 4 blocks or so once you get out of the cruise terminal and on to Convention Blvd which is not too far if you don't have luggage, but it would be a chore with luggage. We ended up taking a taxi after our cruise. It's a bit of a rip as there is a standard charge to taxi from the cruise port. If I recall correctly it cost us the same amount as we paid to go from the Monteleone on Royal Street in the French quarter to the cruise port. The cab driver apologized for this. Even so, I would not have been willing to drag my luggage to the hotel. If you are splitting the cost among a cab load of travelers, it would not be worth the aggravation to walk. I can't remember exactly how much, the taxi was, but I think it was about $10.00. With that said, some people just roll their luggage up to Convention Blvd and try to flag a cab from there. This way you avoid the cruise port surcharge.

What port surcharge? See you stayed at the Monteleone on Royal Street.

Can you get into the Carousel Bar & Lounge with shorts and shirt or do they require pants?

Thanks

Bob

What port surcharge? See you stayed at the Monteleone on Royal Street.

Can you get into the Carousel Bar & Lounge with shorts and shirt or do they require pants?

Thanks

Bob

What I intended to say is that there is a standard taxi charge from the cruise port so you will pay the same if you go to the Monteleone in the FQ or if you just go 3-4 blocks from the cruise port. That is what I meant by saying surcharge. That is also why some people roll their luggage up to Convention Blvd and hail a taxi from there if they are staying at a hotel that is only 3-4 blocks away. The also charge per person from the cruise port.

Not sure if there is a dress code at the Carousel Bar. My husband wore long pants and a shirt. I will say that most people were dressed nicely in there so one might want to do the same if you are going to fit in.

With that said, we were in NOLA during Mardi Gras so I know that normal dress codes were suspended as many people were dressed for parades with sitting on ladders and the like. We like to respect dress codes, so we asked if it was okay for the DH to wear nice shorts and a shirt at Muriel's for dinner. Muriel's normally insists on long pants for men but as we were coming from a parade they said it was fine as it was Mardi Gras, but otherwise I think you need to follow the rules even if New Orleans is called The Big Easy for a reason.

Is there a cruise port surcharge if you take the hotel shuttle?

Sorry Divecruiser. Just saw this. As I understand it the hotel shuttle is free, but you need to book your room with a special cruise package to get use of the shuttle. At least that is how it was during Mardi Gras. I did not book under that package because it was cheaper to book the hotel room and pay for the taxi separately than it was to take the package, but it may depend on when you go along with when you book for any of that to apply.

• 11 months later...

Just booked the Hampton Inn for a pre cruise day 19.December for 139 Dollar. Breakfast for two is included. I think thats a very good value for that highly recommenended hotel. We will arrive at LA airport somewhere I read something about a hotel shuttle , but I am not sure if it works.

Just booked the Hampton Inn for a pre cruise day 19.December for 139 Dollar. Breakfast for two is included. I think thats a very good value for that highly recommenended hotel. We will arrive at LA airport somewhere I read something about a hotel shuttle , but I am not sure if it works.

The only shuttle I was aware of was the one to and from the cruise port which is a couple of blocks away, not to the airport. Not sure which type of shuttle you were referring to.

Dear Eva,

I just did book the Hampton 1 day more bevor our cruise because of bad flight connection. So I booked with booking.com.

I did copy my order and please look at the red arrow.

Shuttle service is included for free, how this could happen I do not know, because we visit NO first time.:)

hamptoninnno0vo2b6h4k7.png

Edited by Dinotoll

• 5 weeks later...

I have not stayed at the Hampton Inn Convention Center for a cruise but I have stayed there for a wedding before a few years ago. It is really nice hotel and the rooms (the one I stayed in and the one my parents stayed in) were great rooms. The staff were very friendly.

When I checked in, I got a coupon for a free drink at their bar.