Project Runway?

BlueHerons

On most of the episodes, the winner is announced second. Someone is congratulated for great work and sent to the sitting room, and then they announce the winner of the challenge. I suppose they think it builds suspense.

I watched the preview for the next episode very carefully. Either Edmond doesn't get the save or they did a great job of editing him out of the scenes from next week.

I watched them carefully too! he was no where to be seen! :eek:

On most of the episodes, the winner is announced second. Someone is congratulated for great work and sent to the sitting room, and then they announce the winner of the challenge. I suppose they think it builds suspense.

I watched the preview for the next episode very carefully. Either Edmond doesn't get the save or they did a great job of editing him out of the scenes from next week.

I usually don't watch the preview, but did this time looking for a clue. I thought I saw what seemed like a bit of a man's short sleeve in a shot where contestants were lined up. Could be wishful thinking.

I pretty sure that I saw a glint of light as though reflecting off a large safety pin in Nina Garcia's eyeball!

Hahaha! Good observation skills!!!:D:D:D I can't help but believe that Tim used his save on Edmund. He has the potential to win it! :)

The dress that she designed for her plus sized crew member was not good. That peplum did not do her justice, and the bodice was poorly fitted

Everyone can have a one off.;) A couple of the other crew creations weren't great either.

Plus, they have so much more time to shop, plan, and create for the fashion week show. I think part of Ashley's problem, when she's been down, has been getting overwhelmed by the lack of time and the limits set by the challenge.

It should be interesting to see what she does when left to her own devices.

Did I miss something, or was there no shot of Tim saying goodbye to Edmond and sending him to clean out his workspace? Could that be another clue as to what's in store for this week?

Tim did not say goodbye - I went back and watched the ending and preview to see if I got any hints (I didn't).

No, Tim def did not say goodbye. I think it was their attempt at a "cliffhanger"! :rolleyes: If I remember correctly they have allowed a fourth person to make a collection in the past and it's a last minute showdown for who will get to go to the final runway.

I look forward to seeing Ashley's plus size collection, but I hope its something better than she did for the crew episode. That was bad!

I just watched Tim on the Seth Meyers' show from Monday night.

Are his pants always so high above the ankles?

Anyway, on the show, Tim let slip this about Edmund:

Oh, I'm glad that you erased the slip! :) I like the suspense.

Agree that Tim's pants are always at high water level. I also noted that the knots in his ties look like they're big and fat, as they were in the '70's! Maybe it's the new trend??? He should know!:confused:

Agree that Tim's pants are always at high water level. I also noted that the knots in his ties look like they're big and fat, as they were in the '70's! Maybe it's the new trend??? He should know!:confused:

Well, there are only so many ways a man can have his own signature style, and Tim certainly has his! (and what's the point of wearing spiffy shoes and socks, if you can't see them?;))

Well, there are only so many ways a man can have his own signature style, and Tim certainly has his! (and what's the point of wearing spiffy shoes and socks, if you can't see them?;))

You know, I never thought of that!! I wonder if he has his own line of socks? I thought George HW Bush (41) was the only one that was known for spiffy socks!:D

That was just my tease; Tim really didn't address the issue at all.

He did remind me of an interesting story from his book when he said something (other than I'm about to tell) about when his father worked at the FBI.

Apparently, Tim's father, Mr. Gunn (now appropriately named) was a close confidant to J Edgar Hoover. Well, once when young Tim was visiting the FBI building, he got to meet Vivian Vance from "I Love Lucy" fame!

Years later, he realized that he had not actually met Vivian Vance - it was in fact J Edgar in drag - or maybe that's not the right term for a transvestite.

I'm sure he told this story better and in more detail, but that's the short version of it for Cruise Critic fans. But if you like that story, then you might want to buy his book.

The FBI story he told the other night was about how his Mom got to read the Warren Commission report before it was released. And that was a very good story too.

I thought the cross dressing turned out to be an urban legend. I know that he had a very long relationship with his associate director, Clyde Tolson.

Wow! The judges were pretty harsh!

I really didn't like Kelly's mini-collection. It brought back the "cheap" look she showed more in the beginning. Ashley's needed a great deal of work to make hers polished. I really liked Edmond's and Candice's.

Ashley will be doing a plus-sized collection, and Tim said that Plus-sized models will be provided for her.

The fabrics that I saw tonight during her visit with Tim, looked well designed.

Her colors and accessories looked like an Easter parade IMO. If she sends pinks and all pastels down the runway with flowers on the models' heads, I cannot imagine she will not do well.

Watching the show as I write ... srlafleur, did you know that Kelly was actually from Springfield, MA and not really Boston as they've always shown it?

NO! No way! Maybe that's why she looks familiar!

Everyone thinks Boston is the only city in MA. We even once had a gubernatorial candidate claim he had been "all over the state, from Boston to Worcester!" (Worcester is not even half way across this small state from Boston. Would have been considerably more inclusive had he said from Provincetown to Williamstown.)