beach near dock in Tortola

lumpkin8

• 1 month later...

I was wondering the same thing. Ill be there in two weeks. Blue Water. I have read many of your posts, great job with advice and info for others! Thank you

I might take a taxi around the island as I love to tour places like this..

Arriving on the NCL Gem in a few weeks and was wondering if there are any swimming beaches within a short walk (20-30 minutes away OK) from where the ship docks?

Thanks,.

Cane Garden bay beach is one of the closest. Just 8.00 p/p ea way.:) I'm on the Gem 1/12 sailing.

CGB is not walkable though :) CGB, Brewers Bay, Josiah's Bay, Long Bay (Tortola), and Smuggler's Cove are all on the other side (north side) of the island, all $8pp each way by safari taxi as caribsun noted except Long Bay and Smuggler's which are $12pp. See the map for an idea of where the beaches are -

http://www.skyviews.com/bviold/tortola/map.html

Brandywine Bay and Nanny Cay are the closest options, but still a taxi ride away at $6pp each way. I believe Brandywine Bay is being developed so ask a driver about that if considering that.

Would recommend CGB for a beach full of beach bars and your fellow cruisers, or Brewers Bay for a nice beach experience with just one beach bar and not as many people...If time is limited or you don't want to spend all day at a beach there are affordable island tours right at the dock, and some include a beach stop...

Edited by blue_water

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to be in Tortola in March. We have a group of 16 .Do you think it would still be possible to negotiate a tour dockside on the day of the stop? I have been trying to research independent tours ( sight seeing and a beach stop) and haven't had much luck.

Does anyone have any ideas? it would be very much appreciated.

We are going to be in Tortola in March. We have a group of 16 .Do you think it would still be possible to negotiate a tour dockside on the day of the stop? I have been trying to research independent tours ( sight seeing and a beach stop) and haven't had much luck.

Does anyone have any ideas? it would be very much appreciated.

You shouldn't have any problem at all getting a taxi tour together when you arrive, just go to the taxi coordinator at the pier when you arrive. If you are really concerned you can contact a taxi company and see what they will charge for a reserved tour. But I really don't think you'll have a problem.