Harvest Caye

Nebr.cruiser

I know ships haven't stopped there yet, but if you do--supposed to be in November-- would you post with what there is to do, if private tours can pick up there, etc.?

Hard to know how to plan the day; we usually do private tours or on our own. We'd like to snorkel the reef.

Until ships stop there, it's going to be hard to know if private vendors will be serving the ship tenders when they arrive on the mainland. So best look at the excursions offered off the ship. Some ruins excursions are taking about a 30 minute boat rip to the mainland. But you will be close to Placencia and maybe google that and see what might be offered out of there for land visitors.

I've been trying to find information on what this port will be like, through google, NCL, and cruise boards. Can't find much info...

We sail the end of January on Getaway, and I normally book my own private excursions. This makes it difficult.

Maybe it will just be a beach day, but I can't really even tell if NCL has a beach area that we can use (without fees) - like other ships that own "private island"?

Anyone have an "in" on this?

I did hear from one private operator that does snorkeling trips; they said they were waiting to see how it was going to work out; whether they could or would pick up people at Harvest Key. At this time, they just don't know either.

I know ships haven't stopped there yet, but if you do--supposed to be in November-- would you post with what there is to do, if private tours can pick up there, etc.?

Hard to know how to plan the day; we usually do private tours or on our own. We'd like to snorkel the reef.

Which cruise lines/ships will be stopping here?

Which cruise lines/ships will be stopping here?

We're on Norwegian. Not sure if it is exclusively a Norwegian dock or not. It will be nice to dock and not tender. But maybe not very convenient if you want to do tours on the mainland.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

My friend that has not been to Belize yet REALLY wants to do shark ray alley.

But from a map it appears that the NCL "Harvest Caye" is way too far from Ambergris Caye. Bummer. :(

You would not be able to do Shark Ray Alley from Harvest Caye if Norwegian indeed starts to dock there. But Placencia area has some equally nice snorkeling spots. Splash Dive Center there offers a number of different trips.

You would not be able to do Shark Ray Alley from Harvest Caye if Norwegian indeed starts to dock there. But Placencia area has some equally nice snorkeling spots. Splash Dive Center there offers a number of different trips.

Thank you. I'll check that out!

My friend that has not been to Belize yet REALLY wants to do shark ray alley.

But from a map it appears that the NCL "Harvest Caye" is way too far from Ambergris Caye. Bummer. :(

This is what we wanted to do too. Doesn't look feasible from Harvest Caye. We'll check out the Palencia area.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

Oceania's Marina is supposed to start calling on Harvest Caye beginning in January, followed by Regatta later in the season. We've very interested to hear about what's available once the operation is up and running, hopefully on schedule for next month.

Sweet, we're going the end of January. Here's hoping it all works out!

• 3 months later...

Just back from Harvest Caye...loved it

clean life guarded beach probably 1500 lounge chairs

extremely clean and safe

shopping area with restaurants, bars and small wildlife exhibits

you can zip line, kayak, paddle board and more on the caye...all for a fee

fabulous extremely large pool with swim up bars

native made crafts for sale

short five minute walk from ship or shuttle is available

NCL tours depart from Harvest Caye, otherwise it is not possible to get off the Caye

Just back from Harvest Caye...loved it

clean life guarded beach probably 1500 lounge chairs

extremely clean and safe

shopping area with restaurants, bars and small wildlife exhibits

you can zip line, kayak, paddle board and more on the caye...all for a fee

fabulous extremely large pool with swim up bars

native made crafts for sale

short five minute walk from ship or shuttle is available

NCL tours depart from Harvest Caye, otherwise it is not possible to get off the Caye

I have heard mixed signals on the zip lining. Is there a fee to zip line from the lighthouse or is it free?

• 1 month later...

There's definitely a fee for zip lining from the lighthouse (or Flighthouse as they call it on NCL literature)

We were there about a month ago, and didn't really like the idea of being captive on the island without a recourse if we didn't want to spring from an NCL handled tour, so we basically just did the butterfly/maccaw house and I spent a few bucks buying a Cohiba from one of the stores (nice thing about it being run by NCL, I don't have to worry too much that it's a fake)

• 2 weeks later...

Zip lining was $69. when we were there last week on Marina. There were not many passengers on our ship to begin with, and even less who wanted to zip line. The local operators were trying to drum up business by zipping over the bay yelling about how much fun it was. :eek:

• 2 months later...

I am interested in the zip-lining for my grandsons, 9 & 10. For the $69 fee, is it just one zip-line or more?

Is there anything else I need to know? I like to tell them everything I can.

Thanks! Nanners

• 1 year later...