Amazing day in Pigeon Point. Beach, Snorkeling, Nylon Pool.

gtexan

My wife and I returned from a 7 night cruise that made a stop in Scarborough Tobago. We decided to spend the day at Pigeon Point.

Cab fair over to Pigeon Point is $5-$10 per person, each way. We paid $20 for the two of us, round trip, but heard others pay much more.

Entrance to Pigeon Point is $3 per person, but you can also be let out nearby at just as nice of a beach for free.

Pigeon Point has plastic reclining beach chairs for rent, $2 per chair for the whole day. There are no umbrellas, but there are lots of trees that provide excellent shade.

We took a glass bottom boat tour out to the Buccoo Reef and Nylon Pool. This was $15 per person, and includes all the gear you'll need. No fins are allowed on the reef or near the reef. I highly recommend this tour. The reef is absolutely stunning. Nylon pool is quite an experience as well.

There is lots of food at Pigeon point, and most of it is pretty inexpensive. Beer is around $2. Soda for around $2. Food for $4-$7 per person or so. Remember, all prices are listed in "TT" dollars, which is 6:1 US. So a $30 burger is only $5 US :)

All in all, Tobago was one of my favorite stops. I highly, highly recommend it, and Pigeon point was beautiful. If you walk around the corner a little, you'll be practically alone.

• 9 months later...

Just take a taxi to Pigeon Point and a boat tour guide will greet you when you get out of the taxi. It is one of the best beaches we have ever been too. The seas were a little rough but the glass bottom boat was wonderful. Snorkeling was a little hard with the seas but they through out a rope to hold on to. Nylon Pool was alot calmer. Enjoy.

Archived