Island Princess CD?

5326jan

Hi, does anyone know who the current CD is on the Island? Also would be interested in who port lecturer is. We've gotten our letter from Captain, M'D, excursion manager, but nothing from CD. Thanks!:)

Richard Joseph is the main one, don't know if he is on vacation.

Check in your personalizer, it should show all the e-mails related to your cruise. (right side)

Richard Joseph is the main one, don't know if he is on vacation.

Check in your personalizer, it should show all the e-mails related to your cruise. (right side)

Richard was on for our 01/09 cruise. Don't know for how much longer, but he mentioned that after spending six of the last nine years on the Island that he would be going to another ship. We enjoyed him as a CD and appreciated his strong support of CC :)

Richard was on for our 01/09 cruise. Don't know for how much longer, but he mentioned that after spending six of the last nine years on the Island that he would be going to another ship. We enjoyed him as a CD and appreciated his strong support of CC :)

I don't much care about cruise directors, but I really like Richard Joseph. I'm interested in knowing where he'll be headed to next. I'm going on the Island in the fall and was hoping he'd be there.

He always seems to come back. ;)

Thanks for the info. I hope he's there! On the personalizer, I see the emails from the others mentioned above, but not the CD. We've also had welcome letters from two different captains. Manfuso is the most recent, but we originally got a letter from Karl Austin. They may have some major changes of crew coming. :confused:

When is your cruise? The e-mail with information about the CD and entertainment is usually sent out 14 days before the cruise.

Hi, we must have posted at the same time. I leave March 8, three weeks from tomorrow. I guess I'm just too impatient! Thanks, I'll relax now!:p

Thanks for the info. I hope he's there! On the personalizer, I see the emails from the others mentioned above, but not the CD. We've also had welcome letters from two different captains. Manfuso is the most recent, but we originally got a letter from Karl Austin. They may have some major changes of crew coming. :confused:

Did you join your roll call?

Surely someone has received the e mail.

Did you join your roll call?

Surely someone has received the e mail.

Yes, we have a great roll call with 55 members. No one has received it, but Jasperdo informs me that I may need to wait another week for the email. :)Thanks!

We depart on the Island on Feb. 26. We received our email exactly 2 weeks before departure, but it was a very generic email from "the cruise director" with no name attached. Listed specifics re shows and named entertainers who will be on board, but the CD remained anonymous.

We depart on the Island on Feb. 26. We received our email exactly 2 weeks before departure, but it was a very generic email from "the cruise director" with no name attached. Listed specifics re shows and named entertainers who will be on board, but the CD remained anonymous.

That's very interesting! Did you get a letter from the Captain? Who is it? We got two names, as I mentioned above, but Manfuso is on the website. Have you gotten any information about a port lecturer? Thank you for the post!

Email #2 was from Captain Manfuso. No other captain has been mentioned. Email #5 lists the port lecturer as Emile Baladi.

Even more interesting is that when I went back to my cruise personalizer to check on the above, email # 5 now contains the name & bio for the CD - Neil Rose. That's not a name I've heard before.

Email #2 was from Captain Manfuso. No other captain has been mentioned. Email #5 lists the port lecturer as Emile Baladi.

Even more interesting is that when I went back to my cruise personalizer to check on the above, email # 5 now contains the name & bio for the CD - Neil Rose. That's not a name I've heard before.

I found him by googling. He's been on a few of the Princess ships and people seem to think he's friendly and has attended M&Gs. Not enough info to find him on as a regular anywhere. It looks like he may have been assistant entertainment Director on QM2 for a while in 2008. From CC thread: " A.E.D. Neil Rose was on loan from Princess and was very professional handling the string quartet . concert and Caribbean night."

I also found some positive feedback on Emile Baladi. Thank you! :)

Archived