Dining on the Muse looks interesting

Horseshoe 1st

We are also going later this year. Yes, there is no open sitting main dinning room. It does sound interesting and we are looking forward to seeing and trying it. As this is my first Silversea trip I was asking the person making the reservation about formal night and how to avoid it. Their response was that on this ship their will be a formal restaurant, La Dame, just do not go to it. I am also looking forward to the comments from the first few voyages.

We are also going later this year. Yes, there is no open sitting main dinning room. It does sound interesting and we are looking forward to seeing and trying it. As this is my first Silversea trip I was asking the person making the reservation about formal night and how to avoid it. Their response was that on this ship their will be a formal restaurant, La Dame, just do not go to it. I am also looking forward to the comments from the first few voyages.

Does that mean, being a formal restaurant, La Dame will require formal wear every night?

As this is my first Silversea trip I was asking the person making the reservation about formal night and how to avoid it. Their response was that on this ship their will be a formal restaurant, La Dame, just do not go to it.
I think whoever gave you that information isn't well informed. While you will have plenty options to avoid formal night, I'll be shocked if just avoiding La Dame will be the singular solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think whoever gave you that information isn't well informed. While you will have plenty options to avoid formal night, I'll be shocked if just avoiding La Dame will be the singular solution.

The person who said this was the personal cruise consultant I made my reservation with. Time will tell when the ship comes out. Not having a main dinning room is odd also so who can tell about the dress code aboard.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

The person who said this was the personal cruise consultant I made my reservation with. Time will tell when the ship comes out. Not having a main dinning room is odd also so who can tell about the dress code aboard.

Does your personal cruise consultant work for Silver Sea? La Dame is a small restaurant and I very much doubt that it will be the only venue with a formal dress code. If it is then I will be very disappointed. This is a stunning new ship that deserves the elegance of passengers in formal attire.

Does your personal cruise consultant work for Silver Sea? La Dame is a small restaurant and I very much doubt that it will be the only venue with a formal dress code. If it is then I will be very disappointed. This is a stunning new ship that deserves the elegance of passengers in formal attire.

Yes, women by the name of Lisa Bell.

This is what we were told: when formal night occurs it will be ship wide. One restaurant will stay jacket and tie every night. I guess we will all find out a little later this year.

FYI: we are doing two new ships soon and both of them have no main dining rooms. This may be a new trend....

I find that more than half the time the people with whom you speak on the phone at any cruise line have no idea what they are talking about.
What is shocking is this is what was communicated by a Cruise Consultant employed by the line. Yikes! If what the Consultant communicated is true, we'll be exceptionally disappointed.

Times are changing. People want to eat at different venues. We have been on Silver Seas and you have to pack for formal nights and semi formal makes flying weight a problem . What is strange that Silver is the only high end cruise line to have that dress code , We are going on Crystal first time and there is what they call Black Tie on night BUT it also says tie optional.

I never bring a tuxedo any more. I bring a blazer which I can wear on formal nights with a tie or informal nights without one. The days when all men wore tuxedos is long gone.

Actually on Silversea formal night for men is a tux or dark suite. I was told a blazer doesn't cut it.

Blazer I was told in Mens warehouse is just a looser fit suit coat . When I needed a new suit a few years ago I got a Charcoal Herringbone Modern Fit Casual Coat. I have worn it on Silver for formal with a tie and semi without very light weight . Only reason I buy there they have cut i need I am sure you can get something like it anywhere.

There are at least two casual restaurants on the ship. The Pool Grill (Hot Rocks) is always more casual and the pizza restaurant Spaccanopoli will probably be casual as well. I believe on some cruises you could dine in La Terrazza on formal night with just regular dress (which would be a jacket for men but not the tie or tux requirement for formal night). I am also booked on the Muse in June and am a little confused about dining even though we have cruised on Silversea a few times already. My bet is that Atlantide and Indochine, which are technically the replacement for the main dining room, will be the more formal options along with La Dame and the Silver Note which are a more formal theme to begin with. The other one, Kaiseki, could go either way but the concept seems less formal so maybe it will be regular dress. There is always in-suite dining which Silversea does a good job with. We will see but I do wish they would post the formal nights on My Silversea and give some guidance so we can book reservations accordingly.

Whilst recently on the Spirit, the F & B Manager said that currently only 65% of the capacity of the restaurants can be booked pre cruise. The renaining 35% is bookable from the first day of the cruise. There is every reason to assume that the Muse will be similar.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Here is a reply from our SS cruise consultant about dress code on the Muse and reservations that may be helpful. My opinion is: there are so many cruise line choices today. If you don't like or refuse to dress for formal nights then maybe you should consider an alternate line to Silversea. We enjoy the two formal nights on Silversea and expect passengers to abide by the dress code. If bringing a tux is too much trouble you probably should find an alternate cruise line. Don't spoil it for those of us who like the idea of formal dress on a couple of nights. And for those of you wondering....country club casual is not cut-off blue jean shorts and a wife beater tank top. Thank you.

1. Clothing aboard the ship

Shipboard attire ranges from casual to formal. Casual resort wear is appropriate for daytime aboard ship or ashore. Recommended evening attire, see below:

Formal Women: Evening gowns, Cocktail dresses

Formal Men: Tuxedos, Dinner Jackets, Dark Suits (tie required)

Informal Women: Dresses, Pantsuits

Informal Men: Jackets (tie optional)

Casual Women: Pants, Blouses, Skirts, Casual Dresses (no jeans)

Casual Men: Open Neck Shirts, Slacks (no jeans)

Exceptions below (important for guests not wishing to dress in formal attire):

. On formal nights, guests may dine in La Terrazza and choose to dress informally; dresses or pantsuits for ladies, jackets for gentlemen (tie optional).

. This option also applies to Seishin and Stars on board Silver Spirit, and Spaccanapoli and Silver Notes on Silver Muse.

. Dining at The Grill is optional casual all nights.

Following dinner, all guests are free to take advantage of any or all public spaces, however, a jacket for the gentlemen is required.

12 nights onboard:

2 formal

6 informal

4 casual

2. Reservations are required for Kaiseki, La Dame, Atlantide and Silver Note.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #5856d6; -webkit-text-stroke: #5856d6}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #5856d6; -webkit-text-stroke: #5856d6; min-height: 14.0px}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

For the rest of the venues reservations are recommended, not required and will have open seating.

Thanks for that Okapit.

I actually quite like these options now. La Terrazza is our fav, though we would observe the formal dress code if we went there. I'm glad reservations are not required for all - and I do hope that (like often happens on the Wind and Cloud) the reservation restaurants become fully booked early and you dont get the chance to use. On my Wind trip next week - we are weight listed for La Champagne twice - and this was from quite early!

On another note - I wonder what they will do in Monaco on 16th June when (I suspect) Manfredi has booked Atlantide and La Terrazza and not available for any other guest. (This happened in La Champagne last April, when he entertained Prince Albert and a number of racing drivers.) We wanted to book that night too and just thought it had been booked by lots of guests! lol Thats taken out quite a big selection there!!! ..... and I really wouldnt fancy being told everything is booked - so grab yourself a pizza!

2613534.jpg

Okapit, many thanks for your input. I am on the Muse in May and have made dinner reservations for 8 out of the 12 nights. For the other 4, I am sure we will be accommodated in one of the many restaurants.

I agree wholeheartedly with your views on dress code. There are many cruise lines with varying dress codes and I really do wish that those who do not want to dress formally would find other cruise lines.

Two American ladies told me that they were delighted when a Texan was denied entry to the MDR when he appeared wearing a cowboy hat and jeans. He claimed that they would be classed as formal wear in Texas but obviously the maitre'd felt otherwise.