Poll: Are You Interested in Visiting Falmouth, Jamaica, the Caribbean's Newest Port?

Dan Askin

Are you interested in visiting Falmouth, Jamaica, the Caribbean's newest port?  

324 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in visiting Falmouth, Jamaica, the Caribbean's newest port?

• Yes! New ports are always exciting.
    • Yes. I want to visit now so I can track the progress later
    • Yes. But not until much more of the construction is completed.
    • No. I'm not a fan of "historical theme parks."
    • No. If the most popular shore tours are in Ochi of Mo-Bay, I'll just go there.
    • No. I have no desire to visit Jamaica.
    • Other - please post below.

Firsthand accounts, photos and videos of Falmouth, Jamaica, are beginning to trickle in, offering a thumbnail sketch of the Caribbean's newest cruise port. Read the story here.

Then tell us: Knowing what you know about the new port, is it on your travel radar?

Vote in our poll.

Additionally, one member who comments on this thread will be randomly selected today at 4 p.m. EST to win a Cruise Critic luggage spotter & pin combo. To enter, simply tell us how you voted and why.

I'll consider it in 2-3 years. If its on an itinerary I consider before then, I think it will be a minimal factor in my decision.

We were told that all RCCL ships will be going to Falmouth from now on. If so , you will have a choice of MoBay OR Ochos excursions, instead of contemplating a long drive from one to the other, as Falmouth is between them.

Yes, I will be there two weeks from today. I admit that I am somewhat disappointed that the port area isn't going to look like the artist renderings that I saw when I booked this cruise almost a year ago. We will be participating in an excursion anyway but I will miss being able to walk off the ship and visit shops and restaurants.

I am sure we will have a great time regardless of the fact that the pier is not complete.

We are going to be there in June on Allure. Not thrilled about the way the port looks in those pics that were posted...I thought it would be much closer to completion by now. :mad: And I don't know what excursion to book since I'm not thrilled about having an hour or so ride to get there. But on a positive note...I will be on a CRUISE on the LARGEST cruise ship in the world...so all is good here ;):D

PS I voted "other"

"other"...it is a catch 22....dying to go on Oasis so booked the March 19th sailing..our kids' spring break.

We will be the first Oasis class ship there for the apparent "grand opening" of Falmouth. UGH!:mad:

Thank goodness the ship itself is a destination:)and we will just make the best of it. I will get out the video camera for sure...wont quite see anything like it again I am sure. What a mob scene it sounds like it will be!:eek:

I voted other because I will be on the first Oasis cruise and I'm not thrilled that the port is not even close to being done. I still can't believe that RC is stopping there in the condition that it is in. I bet that we will get off the ship to check it out and get right back on.

I voted no because I have no desire to visit Jamaica ever again. We have been on twenty cruises and have visited over forty ports. Jamaica was the only place where we have ever felt unsafe and uncomfortable. As a result we avoid cruises that stop there.

I'd actually be happy to get just about anywhere warm, out of this northeast winter right now. However, I voted "Yes, but when more construction is completed." because it really looked like a construction site there. I don't know that I'd be really thrilled with all the people standing there staring either. I'd rather go when the idea of the ships being there is a normal thing. However, I do understand that they're trying to get money there as soon as possible. It just seems a little too early. =) May I also add that if I were on a cruise that stopped here now, I'd probably opt to stay on the ship, which I do enjoy doing at times.

I voted Yes, but not until more construction is completed. I wouldn't book a cruise just to go there. If I did book a cruise and it was on the way, I would not book an excursion that took an hour to get to - I would want to walk around in port, however I couldn't if there was nothing to do, so I would stay on the ship.

Archived