Cozumel, Costa Maya, Mahogany Bay & Belize

thechandlers99

We will be cruising to Cozumel, Costa Maya, Mahogany Bay, and Belize in October with our 2 year old. Can someone give me an idea of kid friendly activities in each port? I'm ok with staying in the port area if there is fun stuff for him.

Also, I know that the pools on Carnival are off limits because he is not potty trained, but what about the splash pads since they are just ankle deep water? We will be on the Carnival Magic.

Thanks!

In Cozumel I would read on the port of call boards and pick one of the beaches that appeals to you. Likewise, the port area in Costa Maya has tons of ships but I would take a cab to the Malecon.

Belize I would either book an excursion to the zoo or tag team a snorkel on Goffs Caye; my son was two when we went there and it was a tiny atoll that he had tons of fun exploring. This has a 15-20 minute tender ride to shore (kids loved it) but no beach or pool in the small port area. Book something here or just stay on the boat.

In Roatan ( my kids favorite port) I would book a private tour with Island Marketing or Victor Bodden and let them take you to see the monkeys and birds and sloths, visit the iguana sanctuary and take you to West Bay beach. This island is too beautiful and the people to wonderful just to stay in the port built by the cruise line. We also enjoyed Gumbaljmba park when my son was that age.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Belize is the port where it'll be most difficult to find something to do with the 2 year old.

Gosh, my suggestion of just staying on the ship there may not be what you want to do.

Hopefully, others can be more helpful on Belize.

In Costa Maya, my son really enjoyed climbing on Mayan ruins at Chacchoben Village, and then we had a cooking demonstration and an excellent meal with the Mayan Experience from Native Choice ( https://www.thenativechoice.com ).

In Roatan, we had a nice day with Bodden adventures, and my son enjoyed the iguana farm, the monkeys at Victor Bodden's house, and the walking along the bridges at South Shore zip line adventures.

In Belize, the zoo is small but outstanding, and a great trip for a child.

• 3 weeks later...
In Cozumel I would read on the port of call boards and pick one of the beaches that appeals to you. Likewise, the port area in Costa Maya has tons of ships but I would take a cab to the Malecon.

Belize I would either book an excursion to the zoo or tag team a snorkel on Goffs Caye; my son was two when we went there and it was a tiny atoll that he had tons of fun exploring. This has a 15-20 minute tender ride to shore (kids loved it) but no beach or pool in the small port area. Book something here or just stay on the boat.

In Roatan ( my kids favorite port) I would book a private tour with Island Marketing or Victor Bodden and let them take you to see the monkeys and birds and sloths, visit the iguana sanctuary and take you to West Bay beach. This island is too beautiful and the people to wonderful just to stay in the port built by the cruise line. We also enjoyed Gumbaljmba park when my son was that age.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

wow good tips thanks! i find myself on this same itinerary with a 2.5y/o thanks again!