On Board Booking now includes Gratuities

datolim

Was on the Mariner last week homeport in SG and their prices now includes Gratuities. I believe this is to comply with local government regulations. This must apply to ships homeport in Australia and some other countries also.

How was Mariner?? We sail on her in February.😁

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Why? Could you expand on why prices that include the tip is better.

The reason that this is better for Australians is based on our non tipping culture. For us to tip it’s almost seen as being rude. When gratitudes were not included many people removed them, this affected the staff. It just didn’t work for the passengers & the crew. Now by including gratitudes in the price all parties are happier. Staff get their well earned tips and passengers know that this was included in their cruise fare. Australians hate to see hard workers not remunerated for their work.

The reason that this is better for Australians is based on our non tipping culture. For us to tip it’s almost seen as being rude. When gratitudes were not included many people removed them, this affected the staff. It just didn’t work for the passengers & the crew. Now by including gratitudes in the price all parties are happier. Staff get their well earned tips and passengers know that this was included in their cruise fare. Australians hate to see hard workers not remunerated for their work.

This is doublespeak that makes zero sense. Australians hate to see hard workers not remunerated for their hard work YET they removed the gratuities. It's gotta be one or the other.

This is doublespeak that makes zero sense. Australians hate to see hard workers not remunerated for their hard work YET they removed the gratuities. It's gotta be one or the other.

Not really, cause we believe the workers should be pay for their hard work and the price we paid should already have covered that.that is what we are used to and that’s why it makes so much sense for us that gratuities is included.

Some people just didn’t realise they are supposed to tip.

Why? Could you expand on why prices that include the tip is better.

As mentioned, tipping is not part of our culture.

It used to really annoy me when you would look at the price of a RC cruise, then add the cost of tipping, then decide if you wanted to prepay or have it added on the cruise, etc, etc, etc....

Having everything rolled into one price just makes sense to us.😊

As mentioned, tipping is not part of our culture.

It used to really annoy me when you would look at the price of a RC cruise, then add the cost of tipping, then decide if you wanted to prepay or have it added on the cruise, etc, etc, etc....

Having everything rolled into one price just makes sense to us.😊

Thanks for your response. We visited Australia two times during the past 5 years, and both times took cruises on the Radiance of the Seas. Love your screen name.

Thanks for your response. We visited Australia two times during the past 5 years, and both times took cruises on the Radiance of the Seas. Love your screen name.

It came about because when we first decided to try cruising about 5 years ago, the first one we picked was on the Radiance. I got excited and called myself Radiancecruiser.

But we didn't actually end up going on that cruise. We finally decided on Rhapsody. Since then, we have sailed on Rhapsody twice, then Explorer, and we are looking forward to Mariner in February for our first cruise outside of Australia.

So Radiance still hasn't happened....😂😂😂

It came about because when we first decided to try cruising about 5 years ago, the first one we picked was on the Radiance. I got excited and called myself Radiancecruiser.

But we didn't actually end up going on that cruise. We finally decided on Rhapsody. Since then, we have sailed on Rhapsody twice, then Explorer, and we are looking forward to Mariner in February for our first cruise outside of Australia.

So Radiance still hasn't happened....😂😂😂

When it happens, you will like the Radiance. It is our favorite cruise ship, as we have been on her for 10 cruises, including a 32 day cruise circumventing Australia and New Zealand, 42 days from Alaska to Sydney via Vancouver and Hawaii, etc.

I also love the radiance of the seas. She is the perfect sized ship to see Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific on. Wish we could keep her all year but she is meant to be one of the best ships in Alaska & Canada. All that glass makes for perfect viewing no matter where you are on the ship