New Embassy Suites Seattle next to King Street Station

Straitlover

Do any of the locals know if the new Embassy Suites next to King Street Station and Safeco Field (opening January 2018) is a new hotel or if it is an existing one that is changing brands? I saw it listed on the Hilton website today. They are not taking reservations yet.

It's probably wishful (or stupid) thinking, but maybe they will run an opening special??? That would be a great location to stay coming in on the train late after a cruise.

It's new construction, located on the former parking lot of the old Kingdome covered stadium. If it opens during the winter, any "grand opening" specials will surely be over long before the cruise season starts, and probably over by the time the baseball season starts in April.

New construction.

I am somewhat hopeful that peak season rates are going to soften a bit with the new mid-to-upmarket capacity coming online over the next two years. Book a refundable rate that won't put you into receivership and then start looking for better rates closer to your stay dates.

It's new construction, located on the former parking lot of the old Kingdome covered stadium. If it opens during the winter, any "grand opening" specials will surely be over long before the cruise season starts, and probably over by the time the baseball season starts in April.

I lucked into a hotel one time w/ their opening special rates. Booked when the sale was going on but my stay was not for several months later. Might have been a fluke, but you never know!

If we end up taking your scenic driving route from Vancouver to Seattle, it won't matter if there are any kind of specials to me. :D One of the options on the table right now is taking the late train to Vancouver (at the bottom of the list currently), and a good deal right next to the train station would put a check mark in the Pro column for that option rather than cabbing it to a SEATAC airport that late.