Finished with engines.

Jimsgirl

This phrase signaled the end of the voyage. So it is for me. from now on I will have to be a lurker on this site.

Oct 5 on QM2 , mid channel, all dressed up 5.15p.m on way to Chart room, I had a stroke, fortunately in public area so found at once, off loaded in Zeebruge, horror story, but 6 days later "rescued by" various Depts of Cunard Care, and flown back to Port Charlotte.

Will not be able to cruise solo again, very depressing.

So it is goodbye to all, may you have fair winds , calm seas, and safe harbours.

Lynn

So sorry to hear of your stroke, thank goodness you were found straightaway.

I hope you will continue to post, I have always enjoyed your honest, warts and all posts.

As gofroggy suggests, maybe there is a cruise buddy out there to travel with. I hope so.

All the best with your recovery,

Sarah

So sorry to hear your news. Here's to a full recovery and, as has been suggested, a cruise buddy so you can keep cruising.

So sorry to hear your news. Do hope your recovery is going well. You never know, you may be able to return to cruising at some stage in the future. Think positive Lynn. We are all with you.

Regards Pat

Hi Lynn. So very sorry you have been ill. I wondered why we hadn't heard from you after your voyage - thanks for letting us know you are home safe and sound. I hope that if you feel up to it, you will continue to post here rather than just lurking. You have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share. In addition to enjoy reading your posts, I've learned a lot from you.

I'm happy to read that Cunard Care came through for you and facilitated your return home.

Rest and recover. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Best wishes,

Salacia

This phrase signaled the end of the voyage. So it is for me. from now on I will have to be a lurker on this site.

Oct 5 on QM2 , mid channel, all dressed up 5.15p.m on way to Chart room, I had a stroke, fortunately in public area so found at once, off loaded in Zeebruge, horror story, but 6 days later "rescued by" various Depts of Cunard Care, and flown back to Port Charlotte.

Will not be able to cruise solo again, very depressing.

So it is goodbye to all, may you have fair winds , calm seas, and safe harbours.

Lynn

We're so sorry to read this news. Wishing you all the very best for a speedy and full recovery.

Lynn,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. As other have said, don't count your sailing days as over. Spending time with you on QM2 this past summer was a sheer delight for Elizabeth and for me, and someone as lively and charming you should have no difficulty finding a friend eager to join you on your next ocean voyage.

Until then, we wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you on board again soon.

John and Elizabeth

Edited by Thaxted

Dear Lynn,

As I said in my last email, my thoughts are with you for a speedy and full recovery.

Your post, that started this thread, shows progress already in couple of weeks since your email with the very upsetting news, and is an encouraging indication that all will be well with time. I take it that it is a sign that your health is improving daily.

As you read the posts in this thread, you can see that the regular posters here are sending you many best wishes for great good health, and are delighted to see you posting again.

Sincere best wishes, great to see you posting here :)