Scuba at Abergris Caye w/eco tours???? Need feedback!

LisaFlyer

I will be on the Valor in November and want feedback from anyone that has taken the eco-tours scuba excursion to Abergris Caye. I have specific questions:

1. Was the timing ok or is it "a push"? I don't want to book it and then find out it's impossible to do or it will stess out my hubby about missing the boat

2. how was the dive operator? we will be bringing our own equipment, but was the boat safe? was it organized and professional? did they choose the dive sites well? We don't want to pull a "open water" episode

3. was it worth it?

Thanks!!!!

Lisa

Since no one has responded----I have been to Ambergris and did a week's diving there and Caye Caulker, and stopped there twice recently on cruises--including the Miracle a couple of weeks ago.

I've taken only 1 shiptrip in 5 cruises, that said I would tend to go with the ship for Belize ocean oriented stuff because of the long commute(tender) to shore>>another boat or plane>>etc. It's about a 3-4 mile tender ride, so ship pickup is nice. My 1 ship trip was from the Miracle early this month to a snorkel--Shark Ray Alley--pretty nice and I liked the free rum punch on the way back.

Plenty of folks deride the ship trip and they may well be correct, I would tend to agree in every instance except Belize. I don't like cattle boats and restricted dive times on shallow dives. That said, I would take the ship divetrip over others, as one gets picked up and dropped off at the ship and the cost isn't much more. The trip with the ship is a little cheaper than your proposed trip to Ambergris. Seasports Belize was about $15. cheaper than the ship trip while I was there recently for the same trip. It's a short walk to their store from the Belize City cruise terminal where the tenders drop off.

Archived