Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
- Read thousands of Celebrity Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Celebrity Cruise Deals
- Write a Celebrity Cruise Review
- Find Your Celebrity Roll Call
See posts about:
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Summit

Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Xpedition

Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Silhouette

Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Solstice

Old June 30th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Am I Alone.......

........in hating this new format!!! I cant seem to get into a flow. I really dislike not knowing who is on the boards with me at any given time. and it seems much more difficult to find threads that i previously posted on. I am the first to admit the a computer is just a giant paper wieght to me but this "improvement" is almost not worth the effort

Old June 30th, 2004, 02:34 PM
5,000+ Club

Default It's still not much fun!

I agree, I'm not really with it, either. I keep hoping the notifications will make a big difference, but I don't know. I think some people have jumped ship to other boards. I'm still trying, but my pleasure level is way, way down!

Old June 30th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

same here i find myself going to these boards less and less everyday

Old June 30th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm not having alot of problems getting used to the new board but maybe I missing something and don't know it. I hope folks don't "jump ship" because I gain so much wonderful information here and meet so many wonderful folks. Please don't leave!

Old June 30th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Don't worry DUCK....it's just the fatigue talking ;-)!!

I'm adjusting, but after 3700 odd posts and all the time I spent lurking, it is a big change. I too miss seeing who is on at any given moment, it kind of gave me a sense of community.

While everything isn't perfect...what is?? I still find it a nice breather in my day to see what's happening here.

Have a great "Canada Day" all (July 1st, our national holiday) and to my US friends...enjoy the 4th!!

Horizon (so sad) x5,
Century x3,
Galaxy X3,
Zenith X1,
Volendam X1

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 30th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Cool Cruiser

Come on guys, the computer will not beat us! If you go to the top as you are reading this and click on quick links, you'll find subscribed threads which lists all of the threads that you have posted to. If you go a little further down, you can click on members online which is really wild because it shows you what post they are reading.

I do the geek thing for a living and I just started to look around so I'll let you know if I find anything else really cool!

Big Red Boat * Nordic Prince * Ms Carousel * Dawn Princess * Century * Fascination * Horizon * Grand Princess * Galaxy * MSC Opera * Mercury Transatlantic * Constellation * Noordam * Splendour of the Seas * Constellation Transatlantic *Sensation * Imagination * Fascination* Reflection Inaugural TA * Upcoming NCL Jewel Under the Golden Gate.

Old June 30th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default 1 positive vote for the new board

I rather like the new features and the format. I think everything will be fine after the initial adjustment period. Pretty soon, we won't even remember what the old board looked like. Most people just need to get their options/profiles updated.

With all the people helping with the new features, I think everyone will settle into the new board pretty quickly. Happy posting!!!

-Rich

Old June 30th, 2004, 03:04 PM
5,000+ Club

I LIKE the new boards, at least now that I've halfway figured out what I'm doing. The only thing I don't like is the number of people who haven't come over here from the old boards. I miss them and hope they come back.

Terri

Old June 30th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm with you, I don't like the new format at all. I find it ackward and hard to maneuver. I check in here less and less, find my other "cruise" home more comfortable and with more activity.

Kathy

Old June 30th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

I for one think the new boards are great. They are so much easier to navigate. Like everything else, sometimes it takes some time to adjust. Try to remember the down time on the old boards.

Laura must be biting her tongue ; after all the complaints about the old boards, & now people still complain. Guess you can't please everybody.

Happy cruising!!

Old June 30th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

I for one am enjoying the new boards . If you scroll down to the bottom of the initial message board page, everyone who is on line is listed. Also, I guess you know that you can check and see who is on line in the immediate thread as they will have a green light next to their name. I have to admit that it is annoying not being able to see that listing except on the home message board page. There are another annoying glitches, but the main one, that nasty light blue page, seems to have disappeared

I do LOVE the enhanced interface editor
CELEBRITY: Millennium, Horizon, and Century
PRINCESS: Crown, Sea, and Caribbean

Old June 30th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

See just by scrolling through the thread, i know every contributor is on line!
CELEBRITY: Millennium, Horizon, and Century
PRINCESS: Crown, Sea, and Caribbean

Old June 30th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

It is alittle difficult at first but I think in the long run we'll get the hang of it?

12/07 Carnival Spirit to Mexico

03/05 Celebrity Infinity and the Panama Canal

09/03 Celebrity Mercury Alaska

Old June 30th, 2004, 03:30 PM
-

Hi everyone!

I am not 100% pleased either, but the more I'm here, the better I like it!

Old June 30th, 2004, 03:30 PM
5,000+ Club

Default I Like It!

To say it bothered me at first might be a little strong....like any change it just took a couple of tries to get used to it. Guess I miss seeing who is on but, on the other hand, it's not like there's a live chat room. Now that I have my options set up I think it's super.

"If not now, when?"

Old June 30th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile I like this new board too........

Quote:
1 positive vote for the new board ...I rather like the new features and the format. I think everything will be fine after the initial adjustment period. Pretty soon, we won't even remember what the old board looked like. Most people just need to get their options/profiles updated..
I agree with ALL the positive and none of the ..........other

Old June 30th, 2004, 03:53 PM
5,000+ Club

I like the new board. The only thing (so far) that I wish they'd change is who is on the boards. I miss having it broken down into Celebrity, Princess, RCI, etc. Most people post on one board or the other and it's a much smaller group. As it is now, it's enormous and hard to see. I like being able to see which of the Celebrity posters are on line--not everyone on the entire cruise critic!

Garry

Quest Singapore-Dubai 3/21/15
Quest Dubai-Istanbul 4/6/15 Click here to see the webpage

Infinity San Francisco - Vancouver 5/26/15

Oceania Insignia Montreal-Southampton 7/24/15 Click here to see the webpage

Brilliance of the Seas Canada/NE 10/18/15
Brilliance of the Seas Boston-Tampa 10/25/15 Click here to see the webpage

Millennium Singapore-Sydney 3/13/16 Click here to see the webpage
Millennium Sydney-Honolulu 3/29/16 Click here to see the webpage
Millennium Honolulu-Vancouver 4/15/16 Click here to see the webpage

Quest Amsterdam -Fjords/North Cape 8/11/16
Quest Amsterdam -Southampton 8/26/16
Quest Westbound TA 9/9/16 Click here to see the webpage

Past cruises:
Brilliance OTS (2); Enchanment OTS; Grandeur OTS (3);Jewel OTS (6); Legend OTS (2); Mariner OTS; Monarch OTS; Radiance OTS (4); Rhapsody OTS; Splendour OTS; Voyager OTS (3)
Century (3); Constellation (4); Eclipse (2); Equinox; Galaxy (2); Infinity (6); Reflection (2);Solstice (4); Summit (2); Quest

Click here to send me an email.

Old June 30th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

For what I pay for this board I think I get tremendous value...I have learned so much here and met such nice people, I'll adjust and I'm sure in no time this format will become second nature. But I was VERY comfortable in the old style, when it worked!!

Horizon (so sad) x5,
Century x3,
Galaxy X3,
Zenith X1,
Volendam X1

Old June 30th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Hey Duck,

Don't give up man. Once you get used to it, I think you will like. Most of us don't like change, but change can be good

I, too, would like to see who is on the board and perhaps that feature will become available in the future. You gotta remember this thing is still being worked on even as we speak.

BTW, how is the little quacker doing. Still keeping you up at nights. Aaaaah, this may be your problem - lack of sleep, yah think

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to, and including my life. That is honor and courage."

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, BUT rather to SKID In BROADSIDE, completely used up, totally worn out, and SCREAMING "WOW---WHAT A RIDE!!"

"I've seen better days, but I've seen worse. I don't have everything I want, but I do have all I need. I woke up with some aches and pains, but I woke up. My life may not be perfect, but I am blessed".

Old June 30th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Red face

I am very happy with the new boards. I post on other msg boards (dont worry.. they are non cruise related!) that use the same technology..so I feel pretty used to it. I just hope the others come back as well. I would hate for us to lose folks!

danielle
Upcoming: DCL Dream 10/27/14!! Past: RCCL Explorer of the Seas 4/29/07~~W.Caribbean; Celebrity Galaxy 5/23/05~~honeymoon Med. cruise; Celebrity Century 5/24/03~~W.Caribbean; RCCL Majesty of the Seas 6/3/02~~Bahamas; Chandris Victoria (RIP) Summer 1984~~S.Caribbean
A fan of cruising as well as trips to WDW.