Car Rental - Advice please!

Waringstown8

Hi - I dont see a great deal of discussion on here about renting a car for the day on Tortola. Has anyone any thoughts or advice on this?

Driving on the left hand side of the road isnt a problem as I come from Ireland so we drive on that side anyway!

Is it relatively safe and how long would it be likely to take to see around the island?

Thanks for any help:)

Driving Tortola is not an issue as long as steep hills and sharp switchbacks don't bother you. And you can also take the coastal route from Road Town to the West End and north shore to see much of the island too. You could enjoy seeing the more popular areas of Tortola that way and also stop for a beach break and lunch at your leisure.

We rent from a gent in West End because we ferry in there and we don't have any experience renting in Road Town which is where you will rent. But you can google agencies and ask for advice on the Tortola forum on tripadvisor dot com and even the BVI forum on TTOL - traveltalkonline dot com.

Beautiful island to tour and some gorgeous beaches. I would definitely recommend stopping at the Bananakeet for lunch and spectacular views of Apple, Carrot, Cappons, and Long Bays along with Sandy Spit and Jost Van Dyke.