Pussers

AtMaui

I can't help you with the taxi to Sopers Hole, but there is a main Pussers right in Road Town, very walk-able from the ship.

Unless you have a need to go to that particular Sopers Hole store, you can get your rum, Painkillers, and assorted Pussers related goodies right in town

I'm sure somebody else can help you with the taxi cost to the other end of the Island, it has been too long for me to remember.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, Eatondoolittle. I just happen to like Pusser's at Sopher's Hole better but I just can't remember the cost of a taxi.

Would you mind comparing them?

DH and I have visited Road many times and like it. What is different or better about Sopher's Hole?

It's a nice drive to West End along the coast with the island views, and we enjoyed pizzas at Jolly Roger when it was open and watching the boats come and go. You can also backtrack a little to Mt Zion hill rd (or take the "scenic route" over Belmont) and go over the hill to Long Bay or even Smuggler's Cove and see those beautiful beaches. A nice stop for lunch is Sebastian's on the water right before Long Bay, or for the ultimate Caribbean view head to the Bananakeet.

The drivers at the dock offer great tours at reasonable rates, and I'm sure a driver would be able to do this. They may not want to go to Smuggler's because the "road" from Long Bay is unpaved and rocky, but Long Bay would be easy. The price would be lower per person with more ppl of course. But something different to do if you've already seen the rest of the beauty of Tortola.

Edited by blue_water

Thanks for the taxi prices and the alternative tour, Blue Water. Even though I've been to Tortola several times, I'll be traveling with two friends who have never been. I'm sure they'll enjoy just walking around and then going to Pussers for lunch.

Jaci

sail7seas: It's just a personal preference but I just like the view better from Sopher's Hole.

Jaci

Thanks. I thought there was something very different between the two locations. :)

DH always enjoyed shopping for shorts and polos etc. Some of his favorites came from there.

I liked poking around the racks but never saw much I wanted for ladies.