Villa Mahana restaurant bora Bora reopens

meherio

Ia ora na

The famed Villa Mahana restaurant is set to reopen by January 25 after a couple of months worth of updates and renovations needed to the building and R and R time needed by Damien that one man show artist.

A cullinary must try in French Polynesia.

Make sure to make a reservation for one of the only five tables there:

damien @villamahana.com

or (689) 67 50 63.

Maeva mahanatea !

meherio.

IMG_0155.jpg.6234d792ae6bcbef397f735b1d3f1bf4.jpg

Ia ora na

The famed Villa Mahana restaurant is set to reopen by January 25 after a couple of months worth of updates and renovations needed to the building and R and R time needed by Damien that one man show artist.

A cullinary must try in French Polynesia.

Make sure to make a reservation for one of the only five tables there:

damien @villamahana.com

or (689) 67 50 63.

Maeva mahanatea !

meherio.

Hi thanks for your information--somehow we've missed this restaurant--we'll be at the IC Bora Bora for 4 nights before the TP cruise--could you tell me in what area this restaurant is located--sounds great--it should be open by the time we arrive

Nancy:D

Ia orana,

the restaurant is located near Bloody Mary's between the pier at vaitape and the hotel bora Bora.

The restaurant has a car service for the guests with reservations from the hotels. With the very limited seating, make sure to have a reservation!

Enjoy

meherio

Meherio,

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I'm a little unsure about how to ask a question of a particular person, and I know from reading some other posts that you are a great source of local info!

We will be in Moorea on the Dawn Princess in early Oct. 08 and thought we might like to rent a car to sightsee a little & hopefully find a good beach to snorkel from. Do you have suggestions as to how to do this? Can we make arrangements from here for a car before we leave on the cruise? Is it possible to find a place to snorkel right off a beach?

Thank you so much for your help!:)

Pat

Ia orana,

The Villa mahana is indeed only opened at night.

I take the degustation menu (great 5 course meal) The beef braised with Vanilla is to die for. After three visits there, I still refuse to look at the menu (or the prices).

I have retired from the restaurant business years ago and always let any chef to express himself(herself) in the kitchen following his(or her) feelings or ideas. With this approach I have yet to be disappointed.Our last meal there lasted an exquisit three hours. I am ready to return there.

pass my regards to the chef Damien

For the off question I would contact Sandrine at Avis moorea. Sandrine@avispacificar.pf ( or call 689-56 32 68) to pre-reserve a car. drive to Temae beach and the Lagoonarium.

Tell her that meherio says hi

Enjoy FP (and Bon appetit!)

meherio

Ia ora na, Meherio for your gustational report. You are certainly full of surprises,and you have been so very helpful to the CCr,s. We are travelling at the end of October, for the second time and would like to try something different on each island, that we did not do the first time.You are certainly well qualified as our guide.

Mauruuru,

Ia orana

Here is my list of places to visit while on the islands :

Tahiti : Mango? cafe ( no typo there , that's their name) in the back of the vaima center a couple of blocks away from the Pier).

Moorea: Aito (near the Sheraton Hotel), the place does not look like much but the food is great and the prices reasonable for FP.

Also Chez Roger/ Honu iti in cooks bay at Pao pao. Traditional french cuisine (when was the lasdt time you had crepe Suzette prepared table side ?)

Huahine: Pension Mauarii, the restaurant is the best on the island on the south tip of Huahine.

Taha'a; the Gourmet restaurant Ohiri of the restaurant Le Taha'a. the Foie gras prepared with vanilla is to die for!

Bora Bora: Villa Mahana of course.

Ia orana

(Also Chez Roger/ Honu iti in cooks bay at Pao pao. Traditional french cuisine ) We did eat here, and and had a delicious late lunch.Most of us had the tuna sashimi if I recall, and the service was impeccable.The setting of the restaurant besides Cook's Bay, is worthy of its cuisine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ia orana

Here is my list of places to visit while on the islands :

Tahiti : Mango? cafe ( no typo there , that's their name) in the back of the vaima center a couple of blocks away from the Pier).

Moorea: Aito (near the Sheraton Hotel), the place does not look like much but the food is great and the prices reasonable for FP.

Also Chez Roger/ Honu iti in cooks bay at Pao pao. Traditional french cuisine (when was the lasdt time you had crepe Suzette prepared table side ?)

Huahine: Pension Mauarii, the restaurant is the best on the island on the south tip of Huahine.

Taha'a; the Gourmet restaurant Ohiri of the restaurant Le Taha'a. the Foie gras prepared with vanilla is to die for!

Bora Bora: Villa Mahana of course.

We ate at Mango Cafe and really enjoyed it. Decent wine list and great food!

Also ate at Villa Mahana in B-B. So very fabulous (with no regard for $$$).

Food was just heavenly!!!

B-B:

stayed and ate at B-B Lagoon Resort - restaurant was good

Sunset Blvd was good for sushi - they're new and need a little more experience but food was just great (casual too).

• 3 weeks later...

Meherio and Alice are absolutely right. Damien is an true artist combing local and imported ingredients. Dinner one week ago was a unique experience.

Like Meherio claims, the beef with vanilla sauce is an unusual and memorable dish. Along with the chocolate fondant. We had the Epicurean pre-set menu with wine pairing and it was, sorry to hype this even more, fabulous.

After years of eating in fine restuarants around the world, I can honestly say that Villa Mahana was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. Yes, the cost is astronomical - esp. with the dollar so low - but the outdoor setting is lovely (not pretentious, its small and comfortable). Damien is a charming host and a extremely talented chef with innovative ideas that are stunning in their flavors and simplicity.

Villa Mahana was one of the very best meals we have ever had.

Does anyone know if the restaurant sends a car to your hotel to pick you up for dinner???--we have a reservation for the 15th and are really looking forward to it--they asked where we were staying--but didn't mention if they were sending a car--either way we'll make it--

I've been spoiled by the rides provided for most restaurants in Bora Bora

Ia orana

The villa Mahana has a 4x4 Mercedes benz car sent to the different hotels/ piers to collect the guests of the restaurant. the fee for the transport will show up on the bill with your dinner.

Make sure to get the concierge of your resort to reconfirm the transfer times for your night to remember at the villa Mahana.

meherio

They will send their taxi van to pick you up.

Email Damien and he will confirm. Per our advance email, the van was on time picking us up at the dock and returned us for the hourly tender back to the ship. Staying in a hotel should be no problem.

Meherio and Alice are absolutely right. Damien is an true artist combing local and imported ingredients. Dinner one week ago was a unique experience.

Like Meherio claims, the beef with vanilla sauce is an unusual and memorable dish. Along with the chocolate fondant. We had the Epicurean pre-set menu with wine pairing and it was, sorry to hype this even more, fabulous.

After years of eating in fine restuarants around the world, I can honestly say that Villa Mahana was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. Yes, the cost is astronomical - esp. with the dollar so low - but the outdoor setting is lovely (not pretentious, its small and comfortable). Damien is a charming host and a extremely talented chef with innovative ideas that are stunning in their flavors and simplicity.

Villa Mahana was one of the very best meals we have ever had.

Just for fun--what is ASTRONOMICAL--approx--we're going anyway--just curious--thanks for your last message about the pick-up--thanks to you and Meherio--love this site--just the greatest!!!!

The price depends if you opt for either of the two pre-set menus (one is five courses, the other is seven) OR you order individual entrees and desert. We choose the "bigger" seven course preset at 125 Euros - roughly $190 US pp - which includes tip and taxes but not drinks. The five course pre-set Meherio enjoyed is, I think, 90 Euros pp - rougly $135 pp.

Individual entrees ran about $40. Wine is reasonably priced.

If you consider going, I suggest you email Damien and ask for an idea of the prices up front. He is comfortable with English speaking guests, handles Internet inquiries promptly and is very eager to please.

BTW, I could very well be wrong about the Epicurean pre-set being seven courses. There are two pre-set menus offered. The "bigger" one we had might be the very same five course pre-set enjoyed by Meherio. The price for the "bigger" (meaning, more courses) is definitely 125 Euros pp.

There is a smaller pre-set that runs 90 Euros. If that one is four or three courses, sorry I just don't recall. Both sounded great but you can order from a nice list of individual entrees, appetizers and desert as you wish.

Just wanted to clarify.

BTW, I could very well be wrong about the Epicurean pre-set being seven courses. There are two pre-set menus offered. The "bigger" one we had might be the very same five course pre-set enjoyed by Meherio. The price for the "bigger" (meaning, more courses) is definitely 125 Euros pp.

There is a smaller pre-set that runs 90 Euros. If that one is four or three courses, sorry I just don't recall. Both sounded great but you can order from a nice list of individual entrees, appetizers and desert as you wish.

Just wanted to clarify.

I'm sure we will probably get the one with more courses--of course--thanks for your information

Please post a review of your dining experience ASAP after the 15th - we may want to give it a try when we are all there on the 26th.

Gary

Oh go for it !!!--we'll be on the ship on the 19th and hopefully in internet will be working--maybe not until the 20th--I'll do my best to get back to you--think we ALL should do it--have you eaten at Keana Hut--just down the road from Bloody Marys's--not bad--actually it was recommended by an employee at Bloody Marys--I was at Bloody Mary's when they opened--what a change--always more fun when it's small and everyone is friendly--bet they would have never guessed that the tour buses would be stopping there--when you go--look at the wall at the back of the bar--that's the way it was--the inside of the current bar was the restaurant--lot's of fun --the bar then about 5/6 seats--see what happens when you get old--you c an remember the GOOD OLD DAYS

We ate at Mango Cafe and really enjoyed it. Decent wine list and great food!

Also ate at Villa Mahana in B-B. So very fabulous (with no regard for $$$).

Food was just heavenly!!!

B-B:

stayed and ate at B-B Lagoon Resort - restaurant was good

Sunset Blvd was good for sushi - they're new and need a little more experience but food was just great (casual too).

Been trying to locate Mango Restaurant in Papette--found photo and write-up on Google--do you have the location??? Is it in the pier area ???

We are going to Villa Mahana this Saturday night--I'm sure we'll enjoy it !!!

Ia Orana

Mango cafe is walking distance from the ship

Go to the Vaima center, Facing the building take the street on the left ( going to the cathedral). The cafe is right there.

Enjoy (and write back about it)

Meherio

• 4 weeks later...

Archived