How can we get wine on our balcony?

jkgourmet

We've always done insude cabins (15+ cruises) and are used to cruiselines that allow us to bring on a bottle or two of wine.

We are on MSC Divina for the first time this month. They upgraded us to a nice B2 balcony and we would truly enjoy having a glass of wine on that balcony. But how?

I am NOT INTERESTED in sneaking wine onto the ship. We have drink vouchers and the 7 bottle wine package (which is only good in the dining rooms).

Because we usually have inside cabins, where the only real place to sit is on the bed. Not exactly comfortable for cocktail hour.

I've lay on many a hotel bed drinking wine out of a coffee mug. #classy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because we usually have inside cabins, where the only real place to sit is on the bed. Not exactly comfortable for cocktail hour.

You get wine and you drink it on your balcony. You can carry drinks with you from any bar to your balcony. Or call room service. Sorry, it just seemed a bit silly to me. How would you drink a coke on your balcony or a coffee? It's all the same. Get it and drink it. :)

gourmet I'd just try and bring one onboard in your carry on….be upfront about it and act surprised when they tell you that it's not allowed, explain politely that you have always in the past been able to bring a bottle on and see if they let you……..I've read in some posts where people have also brought bottles on from port stops and there was no where to hand it over and they were not stopped….so you could always buy some at the first stop……it's not smuggling if you have it with you, not stashed in a suitcase...

You get wine and you drink it on your balcony. You can carry drinks with you from any bar to your balcony. Or call room service. Sorry, it just seemed a bit silly to me. How would you drink a coke on your balcony or a coffee? It's all the same. Get it and drink it. :)

Well, excuse me.mpg:

Edited by jkgourmet

What is a pomme? I've seen that several times on this forum.

It's like Brits calling Americans; yanks, the Scottish; Jocks or the French; frogs.

Wikipedia...

The terms pommy, pommie and pom, in Australia and New Zealand usually denotes an English person (or, less commonly, people from other parts of the UK).[7] The Oxford Dictionary defines their use as "often derogatory" [8] but after complaints to the Australian Advertising Standards Board about five advertisements poking fun at "Poms",[9] the Board ruled (in 2006) that these words are not offensive.[10] The New Zealand Broadcasting Standards Authority made a similar ruling in 2010.

It's like Brits calling Americans yanks, the Scottish Jocks or the French frogs.

Ha Ha…..Andrew is a pomme…..he has an excuse……what's yours……;)

I've had to put a screw in a cork and use a screwdriver to get the cork out…we adapt...:D

And people wonder why I always carry a sharpie. 1393844391d29b1285613d1e00bf49e5.jpg

Edited by andrewjb1

Thankyou Andrew.......you know a secret I was actually born in England and my parents moved to Australia when I was small.....so I call Australia home, even though I've lived in the states many years now too..........so for me it's never an offensive term, just a joke.......hopefully we'll see you at 3pm on boarding day......and you too Maureen......birthday girl....

I have a question about wine at dinner. I have the premium package, do I order wine from the waiter or is there a sommelier to order it from, I will probably want several glasses over dinner. :o

and there is nothing wrong with that.............I'm hoping they get so sick of refilling our glasses they will just leave bottles...........:eek:

I asked the waiter and he got it as well as the other guy. Several lounges on the ship so you are always walking buy a bar and should have no trouble getting a glass to take to your cabin Or to walk with.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Forums mobile app

and there is nothing wrong with that.............I'm hoping they get so sick of refilling our glasses they will just leave bottles...........:eek:

I would LOVE that, too! I'm one of those people that is constantly sipping, I go through bottles of water at work every day. I would hate to sit there thirsty while waiting for the waiter to go to a bar, can I order 2 glasses at a time? :confused: