Montego Bay Bob Marley Tour

The Phoenixx

Has anyone been on this tour? I was hoping to get two excursions in at this port but the tour company said the drive between the two wouldn't allow it. I think i was looking at the Marley house and the caves. If you have been on this tour, how far is it from the port? Google said it was 15 minutes away, and i would like to get some first had information. Thanks.

Has anyone been on this tour? I was hoping to get two excursions in at this port but the tour company said the drive between the two wouldn't allow it. I think i was looking at the Marley house and the caves. If you have been on this tour, how far is it from the port? Google said it was 15 minutes away, and i would like to get some first had information. Thanks.

I haven't been to those exact spots but I have been on the Queen's Highway (A1) and know the locations of those spots.

If you are going to Nine Mile (Bob Marley's birthplace) it is about 2 hours from Montego Bay. (Around 65 miles)

Green Grotto Caves sort of on the way (about a 1 hour drive from Montego Bay and a little double back for Nine Mile)

If you go to Nine Mile and spend 1-2 hours there and add the 4 hours of driving I would say that is a pretty full port day. I would agree that adding an hour or so seeing the caves would make the timeline very tight. :)

Now if you are going to the Bob Marley Museum down in Kingston that would be out of the question I think because it is about 3 1/2 hours from Montego Bay each way. (Unless you had like 12 or more hours in port that day)

I haven't been to those exact spots but I have been on the Queen's Highway (A1) and know the locations of those spots.

If you are going to Nine Mile (Bob Marley's birthplace) it is about 2 hours from Montego Bay. (Around 65 miles)

Green Grotto Caves sort of on the way (about a 1 hour drive from Montego Bay and a little double back for Nine Mile)

If you go to Nine Mile and spend 1-2 hours there and add the 4 hours of driving I would say that is a pretty full port day. I would agree that adding an hour or so seeing the caves would make the timeline very tight. :)

Now if you are going to the Bob Marley Museum down in Kingston that would be out of the question I think because it is about 3 1/2 hours from Montego Bay each way. (Unless you had like 12 or more hours in port that day)

Thanks. Just the information i needed. It seems like a lot of time driving. So we will have to see if we will do this. Probably will, just something to think about :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you are cruising & MB is your port, time does not allow for a trip to Nine Mile. :mad: If staying at a hotel, then you have plenty of time for a Marley tour. I know this because I have done tons of research & tried numerous times, to no avail. Only way to Nine Mile with plenty of time is if you port at Ocho Rios. Carnival even has a ship sponsored excursion to Nine Mile, but only from OR, but not from MB. :(

If you are cruising & MB is your port' date=' time does not allow for a trip to Nine Mile. :mad: If staying at a hotel, then you have plenty of time for a Marley tour. I know this because I have done tons of research & tried numerous times, to no avail. Only way to Nine Mile with plenty of time is if you port at Ocho Rios. Carnival even has a ship sponsored excursion to Nine Mile, but only from OR, but not from MB. :([/quote']

Thanks. We dont want to spend the day driving and worried about getting back on time. We will find something else. What do you recommend from your experience.? We are on our honeymoon and dont mind adventure. :)

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks. We dont want to spend the day driving and worried about getting back on time. We will find something else. What do you recommend from your experience.? We are on our honeymoon and dont mind adventure. :)

Thanks

Ziplining! This company is highly rated by Trip Advisors and participants alike. http://www.ziplinejamaica.com/