Hemingway Home

JosieCat-MN

My Royal Caribbean cruise on Majesty of the Seas that I'm taking in August has an excursion for the Hemingway Home and a tour of Sloppy Joe's - cost is $39.

From the sound of the excursion, it's a walking tour, so transportation isn't an issue. The cost of the Hemingway tour is $13.

Any reason to pay the excursion price vs. just taking the tour myself.

My Royal Caribbean cruise on Majesty of the Seas that I'm taking in August has an excursion for the Hemingway Home and a tour of Sloppy Joe's - cost is $39.

From the sound of the excursion, it's a walking tour, so transportation isn't an issue. The cost of the Hemingway tour is $13.

None at all!

And if you want you can buy your tickets online and save another $.50

http://www.hemingwayhome.com/

I can't imagine paying for a tour of Sloppy Joe's.:eek:

Mike:)

Pretty kitty!

Edited by bhopal21

None at all!

And if you want you can buy your tickets online and save another $.50

http://www.hemingwayhome.com/

I can't imagine paying for a tour of Sloppy Joe's.:eek:

Pretty kitty!

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. Plus I'm only there from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and I want to fit in the Butterfly Nature Center too.

The picture is of my Josie girl, who went to the bridge a few years ago. She had the most beautiful blue eyes. I still miss her :(

A tour of Sloppy Joe's? :eek: No, no, no, no. Do not pay for that. I agree with the others. Do it all on your own. You'll enjoy this much better doing it at your own leisure.

I recommend taking the walk to the furthest destination first. Go see the butterflies, then Hemingway House...also consider going in the lighthouse across the street from the Hemingway House. Then, make your way to Sloppy Joe's so you can relax and grab a couple drinks.

A tour of Sloppy Joe's? :eek: No, no, no, no. Do not pay for that. I agree with the others. Do it all on your own. You'll enjoy this much better doing it at your own leisure.

I recommend taking the walk to the furthest destination first. Go see the butterflies, then Hemingway House...also consider going in the lighthouse across the street from the Hemingway House. Then, make your way to Sloppy Joe's so you can relax and grab a couple drinks.

Great ideas, thanks. I was wondering which to do first. I need to get a map :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I like this one a little better.

http://www.keywestattractions.org/key-west-map.html

As you can see Duval St is the main tourist area and runs about a mile and a quarter from where the ships dock to the Southernmost House which is near the Southernmost Point and also the Butterfly Conservatory.

We will be in KW on 2/11 on the Magic. I believe we are the only ship in port that day. Any problem just showing up at the Hemingway house or should we buy tickets online? Any other attractions that we should consider booking ahead of time?

Dunno if this is any help....we were in KW last winter....$13.00 for Hemingway house INCLUDED admission to Mel Fletchers Shipwreck Museum that is closer to downtown.

We bought this combo at the Hemingway House on Duval.

Prices go up....it may not be a combo this year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...