rooms off the back of the ship

desmerelda

Are the rooms of the back of the boat desirable? Could there be a problem

with sea sickness more there than other places on the ship?:)

Booked first cruise on Pride of America and Thanks to the message boards

I had a leg up on getting it booked. Thank you all for all the valuable info.

whoo hooo!!!!

Excited but not too as it is not until Dec.

Des

We had a large balcony on NCL last August. The only drawback was one of the clubs was right uderneath and we could occassionally hear music after we retired for the night.

Would we do it again? You bet - the extra room more than made up the inconvenience.

My husabnd tends to motion sickness, so we select a cabin as midships and low as possible. He definitely notices the difference in movement between the back and middle of the ship--and not in a good way.

Just got off the Miracle. Had aft cabin 6264 with an 'extended' balcony.. :)

We sincerely enjoyed the views etc.. a little soot was apparent when they 'burned' combustibles, but we were forwarned by the cabin steward, so it was not unexpected, nor bothersome!

Movement was very minimal, and though we had some rough seas for two days, we noticed very little objectional noises, etc.. a little 'prop' vibration at times, but nothing bad. Certainly no more than was noticed in the aft dining room.

We chose the cabin sandwiched between other cabins above and below, so we had no problems with club or public areas creating noise. :p

I have already booked another 'aft' cabin for our cruise next year, so you know my feelings on the aft areas.. WONDERFUL!!

Do you have a review? I want to know how maby ports did you back into and how many ports you hav a view of water?

How about Costa Maya.... oh heck--just tell us evertyhing ok

we have booked an aft balcony on the Grand Princess, C753..it's on the port corner and we are very excited..I have been told, and have seen the photos, when you book an aft balcony one of the perks is the wonderful view..another the monotone wake, almost like you have your own waterfall..not to mention the extra large bb category..normall the bb category balcony has one small table with two chairs, that pretty much fills the area..the aft photos of bb have a table two chairs, AND two reclining chairs..and pleanty of room!

What I am wondering is it noisy with the balcny door opened on a back balcony because the wake of the ship is right there. When I walk aruond the promenade the wake part of the ship is always very noisy.

Noisy?? its a squishy noise--somewhat relaxing. But I would think you hear that water no matter where your baclony was./

I'm just back from a 7 day cruise on an aft suite on 7th deck of Mariner of the Seas(RCI). Balcony was bigger than the midship suite but room size was same. There was no noise from the water but felt the vibration when ship was making a turn which does not happen that often. I'm assuming the vibration came from unbalancing the props as one would work harder than the other or would turn opposite to the other since there are no rudders on these boats anymore. My only complain was the inconvience of the location since anytime I needed from anything from the cabin had to walk all the way back. Other than that had no complains at all.

just forgot to mention one important thing. There was an obstruction about 30% but it didn't bother me at all. RCI would like to acknowledge it is 20% but it was definetely more than that.

douchermansusan,

My wife and have had two cruises on Summit's sister ships, the Millennium and the Infinity. These ships are so large that it takes some pretty rough weather to move the ships around very much at all......most of the time you will not have any sense of motion at all. Some times there may be some very small and slow rocking......it's just hard to feel any mothion at all. Last month we had 10 foot seas one night but about the only wasy to tell the ship was in a slow rock was to look out at the horizon.

We've been on deck 9 near the rear of the ship (last month) and deck 7 near the center of the ship. The only other consideration is what is near you at your level. On deck 9 we were right below the kitchen and they are active and noisy (almost around the clock). I've never heard so many things dropped. I'd avoid cabins 9170 to 9185 to not be near that noise. You have cabins across from you (I think) and cabins above and below. You should be in a great spot, near the center elevators and close enough to the restaurants in the stern of the ship and the entertainment at the bow.

And I agree with Micheal, those aft corner cabins with big balconies ARE really cool.

And as far as I'm concerned, there is no thing as a bad cruise, even if you are near the kitchen.;)

Have fun.:)

Rick

Archived