Oct 14-18 NOLA: Elation

This is my first trip from this port. It stops buy Progresso and Cozumel. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for new travelers to these parts? I have been reading some of the boards, but there are so many options. We are up for anything! Thanks in advance!

This is my first trip from this port. It stops buy Progresso and Cozumel. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for new travelers to these parts? I have been reading some of the boards, but there are so many options. We are up for anything! Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I just got off the Elation yesterday. It was a good cruise. I actually enjoyed my stop in Progresso more than Cozumel. I booked the Uxmal ruins tour with AutoProgresso. When getting outside the shopping market you have to walk through, AutoProgresso had their buses on the left. You didn't have to a reservation and they will let you know what tours offered.

I suggested to my tablemates their beach break. They all loved it. It was an open bar and buffet. The beach was nice (better in Cozumel), but they raved on the service, drinks and food.

My ruin tour was only nine people. We had a mini van with a driver and guide. The ride was a little over a hour long. He didn't talk the whole time. We gave great info and we had time on our own. We got back to the pier with 45 minutes left.

At the ruins, it was not crowded and plenty of photo ops

I hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

I will be on Elation 10/28! I've been to Cozumel several times but never Progresso. The first time we were in Cozumel we did a taxi tour. We talked to several drivers outside of the port, found the one who spoke the best English...I think it was $40 for the day and he stopped at several different places and beaches including the tequila tour which itself was over an hour. The next time we did swim with the dolphins and once we did Paradise Beach...all are very close to the piers and I highly recommend.

The shuttle bus is free back and forth. A cab would be about 5 dollars. As soon as you get off the shuttle it is just a couple of blocks to the main drag. Plenty of bars right along there. Buddy's is a god place. Grab a table by the water and they will serve you there. There are a lot of vendors who pass by and musicians who want to play you a song, but they do no bother us that much. Photo of daughter and I at Buddy's. One reason I like it is because it's my name LOL. Have fun.

Hello fellow 10/14 cruiser!

From what I understand it is a loooong pier. Does anyone know the details on the shuttle?

Are there several beach bars at the end of the pier/shuttle?

SANY1638.jpg

screenshot utility

Thanks for the info!! It sounds like everything is walkable once of the pier? We will have to find Buddy's too - it IS a great name! (Our puppy's name also, lol.)

We are a group of 5+ couples aged 21-40. We will be doing the bar hop in Cozumel, but definitely like the beach bar opportunities it looks like we will have in Progreso.

The shuttle bus is free back and forth. A cab would be about 5 dollars. As soon as you get off the shuttle it is just a couple of blocks to the main drag. Plenty of bars right along there. Buddy's is a god place. Grab a table by the water and they will serve you there. There are a lot of vendors who pass by and musicians who want to play you a song, but they do no bother us that much. Photo of daughter and I at Buddy's. One reason I like it is because it's my name LOL. Have fun.

SANY1638.jpg

screenshot utility

Archived