repositioning from south america 2015

iloveglee

Can anyone make sense of the confusion i am feeling about costa's repositioning cruises next year. on some travel websites i have found one, departing santos back to europe. however it does not show at all on the costa website. the only departures are early in march around brazil, or to argentina. there is one from argentina to europe, but this is a different ship from the one plying around south america at this time of year. i cannot imagine that costa will be leaving a ship in south america during their winter but they don't give a clue yet as to where it is going from, or to. i cannot imagine that they are going to run two ships from argentina and none from brazil. we are looking to reposition from brazil to europe and would prefer costa as we have successfully travelled with them before, and we get a discount. there are other lines i know, msc look a good itinerary but again their website is confusing, a cruise missing that is showing on travel websites. do these lines sell out all their cruises to travel agents and keep none to sell themselves?? have never done a repositioning before and wonder if maybe it is too soon for the lines themselves to know exactly what they are doing.

First off, these reposition cruises spring 2015 are right at the end of Costa's current itinerary period, for 2015 / 2016 routes should be out in the next few weeks.

So what do we know about South America, Costa will have 2 ships there (down from 4 at it's peak, more ships going to the Caribbean). The two ships in question are Pacifica and Favolosa.

Pacifica is due to leave Buenos Aires on 21.03.2015 for a 20 day TA calling at Brazilian ports bookable. Although the Italian Costa site shows a map Savona to Amsterdam for this time frame.

Favolosa leaving Santos on 15.03.2015 for a 18 day TA. Not bookable at present, show sup on travel web sites but not on Costa's Italian or German web sites.

Ron

yes that is exactly what i had seen. wasn't sure if you could book to travel from brazil on the argentina one, might have to look into that. i did e-mail costa and they say they have not yet got their plans in place and to check again in a month. strangely enough, a couple of months ago, on their website, the departure from santos showed, with an itinerary, but not bookable. now it is not there at all, possibly because of some of european/north africa ports. i imagine that the costa ships probably all end up in savona as this is their home port. will probably do as the costa e-mail suggests and wait a few weeks to see what they plan to do from brazil.

• 5 weeks later...

still cant get anything from the costa site for repositioning from brazil. surely they must be bringing one back, one i know is coming back from argentina and stops in brazil on the way. having e-mailed costa to find out if you can board in brazil, the answer is you can board where you like but the price is the same, even though you would be 6 days fewer on board. and also, if for some reason the ship decides not to dock there for any reason, that would be your problem. surely this can't be right. this is the second time i have e-mailed to them, the first time they said the itineraries would be decided in about a months time - this was 2 months ago.

• 8 months later...

Just booked on the Pacifica from BA to Savona. Got a good deal through my online TA with Air Europa flights and 2 nights in BA before joining the ship.

We did the reverse cruise on Favalosa in November 2013 so really looking forward to it.

Any one else going? Nothing on the roll call

Caryl

• 2 weeks later...