Spoiled by Disney

rover11

It's difficult to make a comparison by research without actually sailing other lines.

Having been on other ships we knew what some other lines had to offer. After much research we thought we would absolutely love DCL. That was not the case. We paid quite a lot more (not just "a little"). For us, the experience did not meet our "over-inflated" expectations.

Glad you are so happy with Disney.

I agree .

Research does not compare to actual cruise experience.

Many people are so satisfied with one cruise line they are afraid of disappointment so don't try another for far too long.

I agree .

Research does not compare to actual cruise experience.

Many people are so satisfied with one cruise line they are afraid of disappointment so don't try another for far too long.

I agree with this with one caveat. There are certain cruise lines that we will even not try because of certain things. For example, their smoking policy. Another (and this sounds lame, but that's me :D) ship decor. There is a cruise line that has glitzy, splashy, over the top decor, not our cup of tea. Another cruise or cruise line that I absolutely will not cruise are 'party cruises'. Shorter cruises (not DCL) that seem to attract that type of cruise passenger. The type of cruise where some are drinking as much as they can in the short amount of time that the cruise lasts.

Nope, we will not even give them a try.;)

We've sailed Disney Dream and Freedom of the Seas. Both are great but after doing Freedom it's hard to justify the Disney expense because RCCL did a great job. Dining room food was better on RCCL but Cabanas is better than Windjammer. RCCL has a lot more activities to entertain adults on their schedule. There are certain game shows, shows, etc. that are tailored for adults and they're packed with people who are really into it which makes it a lot of fun.

That said, we have a Disney cruise this April, a RCCL cruise the following April, and a NCL cruise in June 2016 that we are equally excited for!

We are adults traveling Disney we no Children. I really enjoy Disney...its the "little" touches that I enjoy. The free soda machines. When your come back from your excursion the nice ice cold flavored water they have waiting for you. I like going into one of their bar/lounges each night before dinner for a drink. Even though they are not loud or crowed, I prefer them that way. I like the split bathrooms, easier to get ready.

I will be doing my first cruise with Royal Caribbean next April...keeping my fingers crossed that I wont be dissappointed. There is one thing that is really bothering me, to buy or not to buy a drink package...even a soda package, yikes...:eek:

I will be doing my first cruise with Royal Caribbean next April...keeping my fingers crossed that I wont be dissappointed. There is one thing that is really bothering me, to buy or not to buy a drink package...even a soda package, yikes...:eek:

I bought daughter the soda package on Celebrity (upscale part of Royal line). While it was technically "unlimited" soda, they had an interesting way of limiting at dinner. THey would bring a medium sized glass and a can of soda, fill the glass, and refuse to leave the rest of the can even when asked to do so. Then, getting a refill was difficult. They would stall on taking the order and then take a long time to get the beverage to her. It was far easier at lunch where you just took your card over and got it. On my final print out, they had to account for every one of those "not used up" cans. Hey, at least it showed that I'd done OK on the soda package....paid about $1 per can based on the number they claim she'd gotten.

But on DCL, we don't wait nearly so long for refills....

We are adults traveling Disney we no Children. I really enjoy Disney...its the "little" touches that I enjoy. The free soda machines. When your come back from your excursion the nice ice cold flavored water they have waiting for you. I like going into one of their bar/lounges each night before dinner for a drink. Even though they are not loud or crowed, I prefer them that way. I like the split bathrooms, easier to get ready.

My husband always gets the soda package on everything but DCL :D.

With only 2 Royal Caribbean cruises on the same ship (FOS), our experience is limited.

But I remember they had the soda fountain rather than cans (love the cans on X) and a souvenir cup. They had a fountain service similar to DCL on the pool deck and available in the dining room and various bars.

You might want to go on the RCI boards here on CC and ask your questions. It's been a few years and things may have changed.

We've gotten the Classic Drinks Package (including alcohol and specialty coffees and waters) on Celebrity. Sometimes it's free with a promo. I would never pay $50 a day plus 18% for it though. But it is fun!

Good luck!:)