Kids in Le bistro

MoyCoy

Due to a family emergency, we had to add our 6 year old twins to our cruise which leaves in 10 days. We will be sailing on the Jewel . We purchased prior to emergency a 4 day dining plan for a 5 day cruise. We originally booked hours that were convenient for us. The hours now available online are not great, so we will try and change our dining times to 700. This is when the kids club re opens each night. If perchance we are not able to change to those times, we may have to take the children with us to dine in the specialty restaurant. Can anyone give me their experience dining with young children in Le Bistro, La Cuccinna, and Cagneys.

Would I have to remake the reservations for 4 when I am on the ship?

Also , does anyone know if there is a outlet next to the bed in a minisuite on the Jewel?

Thanks

my advise first is: try and change the time of your reservations as soon as yo u are on board. Next: we have seen kids in all the special dining rooms, more lately, but the problem with Le Bistro is the type of restaurant makes for a very long night; figure 2 hours for dinner. Only you know how your 6 year olds will react to sitting that long. We have seen a few kids do very well, more not so well. As for making reservations; you will have to change them to a table of 4 as soon as you board. with the new UDP many of the specialty dining rooms fill up quickly, especially Le Bistro and Cagey's. Good luck, enjoy your cruise. :halo:

my advise first is: try and change the time of your reservations as soon as yo u are on board. Next: we have seen kids in all the special dining rooms, more lately, but the problem with Le Bistro is the type of restaurant makes for a very long night; figure 2 hours for dinner. Only you know how your 6 year olds will react to sitting that long. We have seen a few kids do very well, more not so well. As for making reservations; you will have to change them to a table of 4 as soon as you board. with the new UDP many of the specialty dining rooms fill up quickly, especially Le Bistro and Cagey's. Good luck, enjoy your cruise. :halo:

I am concerned about the long dinner at Le bistro . My twins are feisty

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I am concerned about the long dinner at Le bistro . My twins are feisty

Waiters in all restaurants will work to your schedule. We have often told a waiter "we have 75 minutes before a show, please order and serve things quickly". And they always do. The assumption is that you are there for a nice, leisurely dinner of approximately 2 hours.

Waiters in all restaurants will work to your schedule. We have often told a waiter "we have 75 minutes before a show, please order and serve things quickly". And they always do. The assumption is that you are there for a nice, leisurely dinner of approximately 2 hours.

This has been my experience, too. I usually cruise solo and often eat dinner solo. I'm no interested lingering at the table for a few hours. I've be in and out of Le Bistro in an hour (Cagney's, too).

If there's a Moderno on your ship, my son loved this at 3. It's a Brazilian restaurant where they bring meat on skewers to your table. The lamb was delicious, as was the roasted pineapple. Three years ago, they charged our son half price since he never eats off children's menus but the pricing may have changed. Some nights I'd feed my son at the buffett, and then eat alone with my husband; others we all ate together at 6 in specialty restaurants and I'd take him back at 7 when the kids clubs opened up.

I'd call NCL now to see if you can possibly switch your dining reservation. They were very flexible about meeting children's needs when we were on the star.

NCL is a family line. Children are welcome in all of th dining venues. There is a children's menu that they can eat from without additional charge, or they can eat from the adult menu, and that is true whether it is an a la carte restaurant or a fixed price one.

You should have no problem changing your reservations once on the ship. Most times are held so that they can be reserved on the ship and not online.

sorry I have to disagree with you on changing times: we have sailed on the BA and Epic since the UDP was introduced. Changing times is almost impossible unless you want very very early or after 8:30pm. You are right, they do save some time slots for those who reserve after boarding but popular times will be gone. We tried.

sorry I have to disagree with you on changing times: we have sailed on the BA and Epic since the UDP was introduced. Changing times is almost impossible unless you want very very early or after 8:30pm. You are right, they do save some time slots for those who reserve after boarding but popular times will be gone. We tried.

This is what I heard as well. What time did you get on board when you tried to change your dinning time

Btw . Half of our party upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite . The other half is still registered to a connecting minisuite. It's a ling story as to why they would to upgrade 2 rooms into one. Anyway. Does this change anything for me?

Incorrect.

NCL holds a large percentage of their tables for onboard bookings. If you need to change, you can change your times on embarkation day to just about any day, any time. Sure, if you wait until day 6 of your cruise as people start panicking about using their dining packages, there will not be much left. We have sailed on NCL mega ships 12 times (6 times on Epic, 2 each on the -away class ships) and never had any problems changing our reservations around shows and events.

Btw . Half of our party upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite . The other half is still registered to a connecting minisuite. It's a ling story as to why they would to upgrade 2 rooms into one. Anyway. Does this change anything for me?

The thing it changes is that you have a concierge and/or concierge staff that is available to help you book the restaurants you want, when you want (for your suite and minisute guests) . The concierge has certain discretion to overbook a restaurant for suites guests. BUT,,,, if a restaurant is totally sold out (i.e., way over booked), then even the concierge can't get you a table.

The thing it changes is that you have a concierge and/or concierge staff that is available to help you book the restaurants you want, when you want (for your suite and minisute guests) . The concierge has certain discretion to overbook a restaurant for suites guests. BUT,,,, if a restaurant is totally sold out (i.e., way over booked), then even the concierge can't get you a table.

I found this to be true last year when we sail in the Haven on Breakaway. I hoped it would be different on a smaller ship[emoji4]

I suggest you call and change before you even get on the ship, but if you don't then make it one of the first things you do. I haven't found it to be impossible at all to change dining times, but I've generally done it on the first day and been able to get the day and time I was looking for. If you wait until even day two or three it's becomes much more difficult.

Have a great cruise! :D

I suggest you call and change before you even get on the ship, but if you don't then make it one of the first things you do. I haven't found it to be impossible at all to change dining times, but I've generally done it on the first day and been able to get the day and time I was looking for. If you wait until even day two or three it's becomes much more difficult.

Have a great cruise! :D

Yep, I tried to change times when we added the kids. Only really late times were available

This is what I heard as well. What time did you get on board when you tried to change your dinning time

on the Epic we were the first group to board; it was the first sailing out of the Cape so a total disaster, but I am guessing we were on board about 12:30. We tried to change 2 dining times and only had the chance to do the very first seating or wait til after 9pm. On the BA a few weeks we were on the ship before noon; same story. We ended up getting an 8pm time instead of 6:30 as we had planned. I will add, we had access to the concierge to the in both cases, but didn't use him. That may have made a difference. I do know the second time, last month Le Bistro and Cagney's were full.

Edited by newmexicoNita

We go to dinner as a family. Our 4 year old eats dinner, then DH takes her to the Kid's Club. Our 13 year eats dinner, orders dessert, then leaves and meets friends or goes to the Teen Club. DH and I linger over dessert, wine, and coffee. Then we head to pick up DD.

We bought DS a dining package, but DD will order of the Kid's menu, and will most likely eat Mac and Cheese every night.

This is exactly how dinner works for our family. The little's main meal comes out with everyone else's appetizer. Once she is done we walk her to kids club and the main meal is at the table when DH or I return. Then the teens are excused as soon as they eat their main meal as they get dessert at either the buffet or the main dinning room with friends later in the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk