Carnival Sunshine Aft Cabins

classylady59

I am considering booking an aft cabin on the Carnival Sunshine on deck 7. Since I am going in the summer, I am concerned about there being enough of an overhang on top of us for shade. If there is not enough coverage from sun I feel I won't get the full use of the balcony. Has anyone ever stayed in any of these aft cabins on deck 7, or perhaps deck 6? Or does anyone have photos showing overhang? I once was on the Legend in 2009 in an aft on deck 8 and I swore never again as it was always too hot. Please help. Thanks.

We had an aft balcony on Sunshine in 2015. Never again. Side Balcony yes, aft balcony no. As previously said, too hot. Most days no breeze, even on sea days. Ours was directly below the restaurant that became Latin dancing at 9pm until 2am. Bad choice by us.

I am considering booking an aft cabin on the Carnival Sunshine on deck 7. Since I am going in the summer, I am concerned about there being enough of an overhang on top of us for shade. If there is not enough coverage from sun I feel I won't get the full use of the balcony. Has anyone ever stayed in any of these aft cabins on deck 7, or perhaps deck 6? Or does anyone have photos showing overhang? I once was on the Legend in 2009 in an aft on deck 8 and I swore never again as it was always too hot. Please help. Thanks.

I have stayed in many aft extended balcony cabins, as my husband loves the sun. You do get a lot of sun back there and it can be quite warm. He doesn't like regular balcony cabins, as they are covered. I do love looking at and hearing the wake in the aft cabins.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone stayed in cabin 6346? If so, was noise from the club a problem?

When converting to Sunshine, the club on deck 5 was replaced with staterooms.

It was an issue before that though! We sailed in 6348 when it was still Destiny, and we heard the "thump, thump, thumping" all night!

Shouldn't be an issue now. :cool:

I stayed in an aft balcony on the Sunshine. I believe I was on deck 6. I hated it. It was so hot and there was no breeze. We couldn't go out there for more than a few minutes during the day. Also all the people in the decks above could look down into my balcony so there was absolutely no privacy.

So you are saying people from up above can look down into your balcony? Do you have any photos? That does not sound like something I'd like.

I don't think I have photos that I personally took, but you should be able to see what I am talking about by looking at any photo of the Sunshine from the side or back. On the back of the ship, the decks are staggered. The lower decks stick out further than the higher decks. Therefore, people on the higher decks can look down into the aft balconies on the lower decks. It's not just the people with the aft balconies above you either. Even the people on the public aft areas can look down and see into your balcony.