Next cyclone on its way- Cyclone Cook

Golden Princess is in the area, heading across to Port Denarau according to the Princess bridge cam. Marine Traffic showed her has heading to Mare but the past track shows her going straight past New Caledonia.

My in-laws are on Carnival Spirit right now. They already have had one change of itinerary right after departing, and now another one from Cook. I'm very interested to see what happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guest zafra63
Golden Princess is in the area, heading across to Port Denarau according to the Princess bridge cam. Marine Traffic showed her has heading to Mare but the past track shows her going straight past New Caledonia.

We noticed that as well. Following that cruise on the Golden Princess. Interested if they will give Mare a complete miss?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We noticed that as well. Following that cruise on the Golden Princess. Interested if they will give Mare a complete miss?

We are on the Golden at the moment, currently the itinerary has been rearranged to do Fiji first and basically do a reverse itinerary. No ports to be dropped at this stage. We will see what the weather brings [emoji1]

On the question why is it names Cook is because it has originated from another area other then Australia.

I have a friend on Espiritu Santo who has advised that Air Vanuatu have ceased flying with updates due tomorrow. He also said the storm was moving slower then expected.

out of curiosity, why is it named Cook ?, After Debbie, I thought it would be one starting with E.

In addition to what peter.kath posted, and as an aside, TC Ernie is halfway between Port Headland and Christmas Island.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

out of curiosity, why is it named Cook ?, After Debbie, I thought it would be one starting with E.

I can answer why it's called cook... as it was picked up by Fiji (where the South Pacific weather bureau is located) they got to name it first. The same reason why Yasi had such an exotic name when it came to Australia.

The next Aussie one is Ernie I forget the F name and G is Greg...

Watching with interest what is happening with the weather and the other cruise lines. Not that much info available at sea. However the seas are getting calmer where we are as the afternoon progresses. Still expect to be at Port denaru about lunch time tomorrow.

I can answer why it's called cook... as it was picked up by Fiji (where the South Pacific weather bureau is located) they got to name it first. The same reason why Yasi had such an exotic name when it came to Australia.

The next Aussie one is Ernie I forget the F name and G is Greg...

Thanks, that would explain it.

On the question why is it names Cook is because it has originated from another area other then Australia.

I have a friend on Espiritu Santo who has advised that Air Vanuatu have ceased flying with updates due tomorrow. He also said the storm was moving slower then expected.

Cheers.