"Encore" - Princess Production Show

Astro Flyer

I received information about a new production show performed on the Coral, Island & Sea.

They state that it's inspired by their current production show "Bravo" which we've previously enjoyed. There's a link to a video of "Encore" showing some of the performance.

This is new informatiion to me & searching this forum there was nothing for "Encore" so I decided to share the information.

BALLROOM ELEGANCE TAKES THE STAGE IN AN "ENCORE" PERFORMANCE

Welcome to a sophisticated evening of music and glamour, set amidst the romantic splendor of a beautiful Montecito garden. Inspired by Princess Cruises’ top-rated show Bravo!, and accompanied by an impressive onstage orchestra, Encore celebrates the traditions of pop, opera and musical theater. This spellbinding experience—showcasing new songs, elaborate costumes and stunning sets is directed and choreographed by Disney Channel® creative director Danny Teeson, with musical direction by Academy Awards arranger Nelson Kole and set design by Emmy® award-winner John Iacovelli.

Watch the Encore trailer

It is a great production with a little of everything from opera to pop. The costumes, staging, sound and scenery were first rate. The musical selections did not seem to have a rhyme or reason overall but each scene was great independent of the others and the production never seemed to drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a great production with a little of everything from opera to pop. The costumes, staging, sound and scenery were first rate. The musical selections did not seem to have a rhyme or reason overall but each scene was great independent of the others and the production never seemed to drag.

It does look wonderful.

I am curious if it replaced another show.

It does look wonderful.

I am curious if it replaced another show.

The Coral & Island had the great "On the Bayou" show in the Universe Lounge.

The Island's renovation replaced that showroom with cabins but don't know if "On the Bayou" was modified to be performed in the Princess Theater or if the Coral still has the show in the Universe Lounge.

don't know if "On the Bayou" was modified to be performed in the Princess Theater or if the Coral still has the show in the Universe Lounge.

We were on the Coral last December, "On the Bayou" was still in the Universal Lounge and they had just premiered "Encore" on the sailing before ours. It got mixed reviews then, hope they tweaked it a bit.

The Island's renovation replaced that showroom with cabins but don't know if "On the Bayou" was modified to be performed in the Princess Theater or if the Coral still has the show in the Universe Lounge.

Was on the Coral 18 March. "On the Bayou" is shown in the Universe Lounge.

That really whets my appetite to see it! Wonder when it is going to roll out fleet wide? We are scheduled on a 28 day in Oct on the Emerald, would love to have something like that.

Just Mike :)

My experiences have been that production shows are rarely performed fleetwide & the only one I recall is the often performed "Motor City". ;)

Some shows seem to stay on certain ships such as seeing British Invasion on the Star in 2009 but not on other ships we've cruised. Eight years later we again sailed on the Star & that show was still being performed. New shows that debuted on the Royal & Regal (Fiera & Bravo) haven't gone fleetwide nor have the Stephen Schwartz produced shows.

We sailed Island in June of last year. They had modified On The Bayou and it was indeed performed in the Princess Theater.

Is there any way to find out what shows will be on a specific ship? In our case Caribbean Princess, British Isles.

Previously Princess was good at sending pre-cruise emails closer to sailing including some of the entertainment options. They'd tell us about some of the production shows, movies & entertainers.

Unfortunately recently those emails are rarely sent & when done mine lacked any entertainment specifics & instead were promoting pre-cruise reservations. You'd probably get better information from passengers who had recently sailed your ship & itinerary.

Although it's been my experience that many shows remain on certain ships for many years. We saw British Invasion on the Star in 2009 but not again on any other ship until the Star in January 2017. So maybe you could search this forum for the Caribbean's shows if no one can give you an answer.

Previously Princess was good at sending pre-cruise emails closer to sailing including some of the entertainment options. They'd tell us about some of the production shows, movies & entertainers.

Unfortunately recently those emails are rarely sent & when done mine lacked any entertainment specifics & instead were promoting pre-cruise reservations. You'd probably get better information from passengers who had recently sailed your ship & itinerary.

Although it's been my experience that many shows remain on certain ships for many years. We saw British Invasion on the Star in 2009 but not again on any other ship until the Star in January 2017. So maybe you could search this forum for the Caribbean's shows if no one can give you an answer.

Thanks.

I saw Encore on Coral and was absolutely blown away by their premiere cast. It's definitely a singer show with ballroom-style featured dancing. Look for the Spanish-themed dance duet set to an aria from Carmen. The vocalists were all very capable legit singers, but the guest soprano made the show. She has sung at Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center, I believe, and nailed every aria in every language. Best I have heard on either land or sea.

World class production for light classical/crossover on a ship, in my opinion. Hopefully it will go to more ships soon.

Edited by musicpro442
Text window on smartphone deleted some words. Forgive any other errors.