Carnival pins?

mared1

Does anyone know if they are still giving them out out on the Destiny? If so I will be on at the end of the month and will have an extra.. If not I need one too but know that JR gets the 1st one :D

I believe that most ships are only giving out the no ships name Platinum pins to Platinum guests. However we were just on the Spirit and they gave the Platinum sailors a Spirit funnel pin. The gal at the pursers desk had no clue what a Platinum pin was until I showed her mine. She said they never had those. I had heard that CCL is no longer ordering the old style funnel pins. It is my guess that ships will give what they have in inventory until the powers that be at CCL decide what is next.

I believe that most ships are only giving out the no ships name Platinum pins to Platinum guests. However we were just on the Spirit and they gave the Platinum sailors a Spirit funnel pin. The gal at the pursers desk had no clue what a Platinum pin was until I showed her mine. She said they never had those. I had heard that CCL is no longer ordering the old style funnel pins. It is my guess that ships will give what they have in inventory until the powers that be at CCL decide what is next.

That's what I figure as I had a heck of time getting one on the Freedom in Jan.. I am just hoping they have a few hid somewhere on the Destiny.. :) I will let JR know if I track one down for him

That's what I figure as I had a heck of time getting one on the Freedom in Jan.. I am just hoping they have a few hid somewhere on the Destiny.. :) I will let JR know if I track one down for him

I always hit up the cabin steward, the dining staff and the purser to see if any of the can find one. Another great idea is to attend the past guest party if one is happening on your sailing. Look for anyone that has their pins displayed on a hat, bag or lanyard and ask them too. I got a hard to find one from a nice man one time. He did not give me a name just handed it to me and said enjoy and off he went... I loved that.

Hi Group

I appreciate everyone looking for a Destiny pin for me. I have the

Carnival Destiny pin, but I have lost my plain Destiny pin. That is the

one I need.

JR

JR, are you sure you had a plain DESTINY pin w/o Carnival?

To my knowledge only the CARNIVAL DESTINY type exists.

Jim

I, too, checked for the new Platinum pins while on the Spirit in April. I was told by the gal at the Guest Services desk that they never heard of this pin! Instead, I was given the regular funnel pin with Spirit on it.

I sure would like to find one of the new Platinum pins for my collection!

:cool:Bill

JR, are you sure you had a plain DESTINY pin w/o Carnival?

To my knowledge only the CARNIVAL DESTINY type exists.

Jim

I agree, back in the day, she was never known as "Destiny" then to the "Carnival Destiny", like how the Fantasy-Class changed over their names, adding the Carnival-prefix.

Edited by CruiseAdict218

My wife and I are Milestone level cruisers and have been on half a dozen CCL cruises in the past year. Each time we were given a ship specific pin, ie. Splendor or Spirit--never a platinum pin. When I asked at the Pursers desk I was invariably told they had never seen the "Platinum" pin.

Ken

For some reason, the Paradise pin is one hard pin to find.

I will ask some of my sources if they have a extra one.

FYI: We live close to each other, I live in Marietta, GA :)

JR

I'm STILL looking for the new PLATINUM pin! Anyone want to trade? I have a Spirit pin and a Triumph pin to trade for one!

Thanks!

Bill

Is this the pin that just says CARNIVAL PLATINUM on it? If so, I have one just sitting in our bedroom collecting dust. If so, email me at the addy in my signature.

Edited by misterchatter

Is this the pin that just says CARNIVAL PLATINUM on it? If so, I have one just sitting in our bedroom collecting dust. If so, email me at the addy in my signature.

I just sent you an email. YES! That's the pin I've been looking for! Thanks!

:cool:Bill

Just off the Destiny and I searched High and Low for a Destiny Funnel Pin only to be told they haven't had them in a while..

If anyone has one and wants to trade let me know what you are looking for and I may have it. :) My daughter also collects them so I am really on the hunt for 2:D