celebrity for royal carribean diamonds

BeeSkip

Hi Crusers..

We have come up the ranks in RCL cruising and are now diamond members BUT we need a change!!! We are contemplating cruising on Celebrity this time..Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of celebrity..how it is similar/different from RCL and what perks a diamond RCL cruiser will get on the celebrity line since they are "sister" cruise lines..

We are a family of 4, ( kids 19 and 25)

Any and all info is welcome and thanks in advance!!

Bee

Hi Crusers..

We have come up the ranks in RCL cruising and are now diamond members BUT we need a change!!! We are contemplating cruising on Celebrity this time..Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of celebrity..how it is similar/different from RCL and what perks a diamond RCL cruiser will get on the celebrity line since they are "sister" cruise lines..

Bee

:cool:I'm just like you. Diamond on RCCL, but need a change. Booked my first X cruise. Go on their website (After diamond you should know how that works), look under Captain Club. Gives all the info regarding benefits. Elite is the highest in the Captain's Club, and that is what Diamond translates to. Benefits sound better than RCCL. From what I read on these boards, number of younger passengers may be lower on X, depending on what cruise, and dates of sailing.:cool:SAILAWAY JACK LOOKING FOR A CHANGE

Bee, call up Celebrity Captain's Club and give them your C&A number and they'll get your Elite status fixed. It may take a week before your new status shows up on Celebrity's website but don't worry about it; it will get done. Also, I don't know if you are shareholders or not, but you will still get the same OBC on Celebrity as you do on RCI.

Hi Crusers..

Bee

You will be Elite and love it,we do.;)

Bee

Same goes for us. Diamond on RC and we are sailing for the first time on Celebrity this July. I agree with all the previous posts ( the web site has all you will need to know about the perks of your elite status on celebrity)

The one thing I can add is you officially do not have a celebrity elite status until after you book your first cruise. Meaning, you actually book at their entry level status and about 48-72 hours later you will be assigned your elite status. It's not a big deal really just know that the diamond discount to book the cabin (usually about $200) will not apply because you are not booking the first cruise as an elite member. But other than that, you will enjoy all the usual perks right away like special embarkation lounge and so on ...

We can't wait to see all the wonderful things the celebrity experience has to offer!!

Bee

Same goes for us. Diamond on RC and we are sailing for the first time on Celebrity this July. I agree with all the previous posts ( the web site has all you will need to know about the perks of your elite status on celebrity)

The one thing I can add is you officially do not have a celebrity elite status until after you book your first cruise. Meaning, you actually book at their entry level status and about 48-72 hours later you will be assigned your elite status. It's not a big deal really just know that the diamond discount to book the cabin (usually about $200) will not apply because you are not booking the first cruise as an elite member. But other than that, you will enjoy all the usual perks right away like special embarkation lounge and so on ...

We can't wait to see all the wonderful things the celebrity experience has to offer!!

Thank you so much for writing that! Now I know why my correct status didn't show up on Celebrity until days later. As I said, they do get it straight and there's nothing to worry about but even still I like knowing the reason behind things so thanks. :D

Celebrity does not offer balcony discounts at any level. That is the one thing that has kept us from trying X. Getting $250 off our suites with RCI is a big perk! But I am looking at trying X in 2013 winter.

Archived