Cruising with a baby ?

purescottish

my mother in law is taking us all (13) on a cruise in October on Liberty of the Seas, I am the designated organiser !

My sis in law just phoned and told me she is pregnant and due in August, this means baby will be between 6 and 8 weeks old when we are due to cruise.

I am sure RCL had a rule that babies had to be 6 months old ? is this correct

and.............

if baby "can" cruise, can I get them added to the booking even though we don't know the age or sex of the child until it's born, I take it, it will be like adding a 3rd person to the cabin if possible,

also do RCL provide baby cots for sleeping ?

hoping for a few answers before I have to give them the bad......or good news tomorrow

thank you in advance

wendy

x

MSC has no minimum age limit :D

But that wasn't the answer you were looking for ;) I read your thread on the RCI board and it will be up to your Inlaws and the penalties of your TA whether you are moving your cruise or not. Good luck! If you get a chance, stop back and update us.

Just thought I would let everyone know...... we spoke to the travel agent and it is going to cost us £75 per person administration costs to cancel and rebook (there was 13 of us) and that was with insurance...... so I think we are still going to travel minus the parents to be, as it's actually cheaper to do it this way than cancel altogether and wait for a later date.

so we still have a cruise to look forward to with 11 family instead :-)

wendy

x

Just thought I would let everyone know...... we spoke to the travel agent and it is going to cost us £75 per person administration costs to cancel and rebook (there was 13 of us) and that was with insurance...... so I think we are still going to travel minus the parents to be, as it's actually cheaper to do it this way than cancel altogether and wait for a later date.

so we still have a cruise to look forward to with 11 family instead :-)

wendy

x

Any chance the other grandparents might keep the baby so the new parents can go? I know they would miss the baby but just might welcome the rest.

Yes we did think of that option but baby will still be too young, to be honest, they are happy to be left behind as holidays with a new baby can be rewarding but very tiring. so at the moment everyone seems happy with the arrangements, so fingers crossed

Thank you for all the replys

wendy

x

I know the issue is resolved, but I thought I'd just add to the info available. If you are booking far out (baby not born, but will be > 6 months) and you do not have a name or DOB, it is still possible. We booked with NCL while pregnant with our daughter and cruised when she was 14 months old. Changes were made after she was born - no problem.

Archived