What to do in Ft. Lauderdale?

mamamoes

We get off the Allue in the am and our flight doesn't leave til 6pm. We are a family of 6 with 4 older teens.

Can you recommend anything? I've been to trip advisor and nothing is popping out at me!

Thanks

Nanci

totally agree. Look for Everglades Holiday Park. There is usually a Groupon for that place. Airboat rides, alligators, etc...

When is your cruise In the summer you have to watch for the afternoon thunderstorm and/or very hot and humid.

We get off the Allue in the am and our flight doesn't leave til 6pm. We are a family of 6 with 4 older teens.

Can you recommend anything? I've been to trip advisor and nothing is popping out at me!

Thanks

Nanci

Once we had the cruise organized tour to spent time before airport to see along the Intracoastal Waterway and into Port Everglades - mansions and yachts.

We liked it a lot..

Link:

http://www.carriebcruises.com/

I would only do the Everglades November through April because May through October the mosquitos are horrific. Giant black swarms will almost eat you alive.

I send the recommendation for either the Carrie B, Jungle Queen or the water taxi.

I send the recommendation for either the Carrie B, Jungle Queen or the water taxi.

I will nominate those as well; relaxing, comfortable way to see some multi-million dollar homes, learn some history/trivia, no schlepping out to the everglades. It's already getting hot and a bit muggy here, I would rather be on the ICW than in the Everglades at this time of year myself.

I will nominate those as well; relaxing, comfortable way to see some multi-million dollar homes, learn some history/trivia, no schlepping out to the everglades. It's already getting hot and a bit muggy here, I would rather be on the ICW than in the Everglades at this time of year myself.

Yes, it is definitely getting hot here. We were on the boat all day yesterday and it was summer. Even the ocean temp is no longer refreshing, it's balmy.