Number of Guests in Cabana at HMC

Dave08

So I want to book a cabana for our group that is going to visit HMC. It will be (6) adults and (3) kids....(18 months, 21 months and 4 years old). I would prefer to only rent one cabana but I noticed on Carnival's website it states that the cabana is for (4) guests. If we were all in one cabana, would there be an issue with that? Would that make some of us leave or do they not monitor the amount of guests in your particular cabana?

So I want to book a cabana for our group that is going to visit HMC. It will be (6) adults and (3) kids....(18 months, 21 months and 4 years old). I would prefer to only rent one cabana but I noticed on Carnival's website it states that the cabana is for (4) guests. If we were all in one cabana, would there be an issue with that? Would that make some of us leave or do they not monitor the amount of guests in your particular cabana?

They give you food, drinks, snorkel gear and float mats for 4 people. You can pay extra for each additional person over 4 if you want more but with the BBQ lunch, you really don't need it. The cabanas are small but have 4 chairs "inside" the cabana and 2 lounge chairs outside. I would think all of you wouldn't be in the cabana at the same time, especially with the small children wanting to be playing in the sand or in the water.

If you just want to use is as a base, I think you will be fine. They really don't monitor how many people are in there. There are also chairs out front in the sand that anyone can use so who's too say you didn't "make friends" with those people and invited them in to cool off ;)

I think it will be plenty of room for us. So really you would just pay more if you wanted more snacks and drinks but that isn't necessary due to the food they have for everyone, correct?

I think it will be plenty of room for us. So really you would just pay more if you wanted more snacks and drinks but that isn't necessary due to the food they have for everyone, correct?

They give you 2 large bottles of water, 8 cans of soda, 4 float mats, snorkel equipment for 4, fruit and nachos with salsa, quacamole for 4. If you want more then that, then you should pay more but I don't think it will be necessary.

They have lunch available, you can always buy more drinks and it would only be crowded if you had everyone in the cabana at the same time. You do have a total of 6 chairs so the adults will have seats and your kids are small enough to sit on laps.

They give you 2 large bottles of water, 8 cans of soda, 4 float mats, snorkel equipment for 4, fruit and nachos with salsa, quacamole for 4. If you want more then that, then you should pay more but I don't think it will be necessary.

They have lunch available, you can always buy more drinks and it would only be crowded if you had everyone in the cabana at the same time. You do have a total of 6 chairs so the adults will have seats and your kids are small enough to sit on laps.

That sounds like it would work out perfectly. There may only be 5 adults due to the fact that my wife's grandmother is in her mid-80's and I doubt she will get off the ship at that port.

I appreciate your info as this makes me feel better about going ahead and booking the cabana:). With kids I feel like it would be perfect so they can have somewhere to take a nap.

That sounds like it would work out perfectly. There may only be 5 adults due to the fact that my wife's grandmother is in her mid-80's and I doubt she will get off the ship at that port.

I appreciate your info as this makes me feel better about going ahead and booking the cabana:). With kids I feel like it would be perfect so they can have somewhere to take a nap.

That is definitely not the most accessible stop for someone in their mid eighties. Not to mention the heat. The kids will be able to nap and cool down in the air conditioned cabana.

That is definitely not the most accessible stop for someone in their mid eighties. Not to mention the heat. The kids will be able to nap and cool down in the air conditioned cabana.

My wife's grandmother is still pretty active for being in her mid-eighties, but seeing has how the cruise is still over a year away, she might not be able to go at all. We are giving this cruise to her and my wife's mother as a Christmas gift since they both love cruising. Hopefully she will be able to go as she would enjoy hanging out on the ship even if she wasn't able to have the energy to go into the ports. We will try to be optimistic :)

I had #11 in May and loved the location. Away from the crowds but close to the restrooms. If you want to be near the kids area that is in the lower #s. The lower numbered ones tend to be crowded. I think 6 & 7 are near the Ship Bar (not good for napping kids).

If you want a quiet cabana for the kids to nap, I would definately go for #10-#15. Just an FYI, there are hammocks available between #10/#11 and #11/#12. Nice place for a nap :)

I had #11 in May and loved the location. Away from the crowds but close to the restrooms. If you want to be near the kids area that is in the lower #s. The lower numbered ones tend to be crowded. I think 6 & 7 are near the Ship Bar (not good for napping kids).

If you want a quiet cabana for the kids to nap, I would definately go for #10-#15. Just an FYI, there are hammocks available between #10/#11 and #11/#12. Nice place for a nap :)

Great. Thanks for the recommendation. I was thinking about requesting one that was in the 10-15 range. Hopefully I can get it!

I believe you will be able to get a ride in a golf cart to and from the cabana for your grandmother.

The tram makes the trip from the information booth to the cabanas on a regular basis. There is a narrow pathway running behind the cabanas.

It is just a truck with benches on the back.

The tram makes the trip from the information booth to the cabanas on a regular basis. There is a narrow pathway running behind the cabanas.

It is just a truck with benches on the back.

So basically there is some form of transportation that can move people to and from cabanas....golf cart, truck, tram, whatever, is that correct?

So basically there is some form of transportation that can move people to and from cabanas....golf cart, truck, tram, whatever, is that correct?

Yes, I took the tram which is a truck with benches. It runs the road behind the cabanas. It does have high steps to get in. Not sure if they have anything else if your not able to get into the tram.

Regarding getting one of the higher numbered Cabanas. Get on the ship early and head right to the Shore Excursions desk. I like to get to the port early so I'm on the ship ASAP. No reason to wait to get your vacation started :D

The so called Tram is a truck with benches. Should you need assistance stepping up onto the back, there are plenty of staff available to assist.

Yes, I took the tram which is a truck with benches. It runs the road behind the cabanas. It does have high steps to get in. Not sure if they have anything else if your not able to get into the tram.

Regarding getting one of the higher numbered Cabanas. Get on the ship early and head right to the Shore Excursions desk. I like to get to the port early so I'm on the ship ASAP. No reason to wait to get your vacation started :D

Perfect! Thanks again.

Archived