Wi-FI at ports

Joyful Joyful

Going on the Glory 5/23 - 5/30, and would like to know if there are spots at the ports where wi-fi is available.... Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Belize.... I am not one that needs to be "connected" all the time (part of the reason for vacation, right?), but want to be able to catch up once in awhile when it is free to do so.

Thanks everyone! I am at work today, TRYING to keep focused on work, but I think I decided that I am at that "giddy" stage now, my mind is already in Miami, ready to set sail! Flying out in the morning!!

Thanks so much for any answers that you can provide!

We did this cruise recently. We found wifi as follows.

Cozumel: free wifi at the restaurant where we had lunch.

Belize: at the dock bars. Free with a $5 purchase.

Roar an: in the shopping area, there is a kiosk for wifi. Either $8 or $12.

Edited by YubaSutter

In Grand Cayman, wifi is free in front of the liquor store- Torgua Rum?? However can be spotty depending on how many others are trying to use the wifi. For good and dependable wifi, go to the library which is two blocks away.

As always, be careful what you access on free wifi. Your passwords and the data you read is not private. A number of scammers set up free wifi with names of nearby businesses and collect the data you transmit and receive.

:)

As always, be careful what you access on free wifi. Your passwords and the data you read is not private. A number of scammers set up free wifi with names of nearby businesses and collect the data you transmit and receive.

Like button.

I never sign on to free wifi sites for security reasons. I always bring along my own mifi.

Also never plug into free USB charging station.

I don't get it and maybe someone can explain it. If someone can hack your tablet and get your info then why are so many people just logging into whatever and using their passwords. I have a tablet but scared to use it in public because of this. Is there an app to protect the tablet?

I don't get it and maybe someone can explain it. If someone can hack your tablet and get your info then why are so many people just logging into whatever and using their passwords. I have a tablet but scared to use it in public because of this. Is there an app to protect the tablet?

Anything you send/receive while logged into free Wifi can be captured. The risk depends on the intent and ability of any hacker and what you transmitted.

Edited by lizardhowson

Sorry, but what is midi?

You mean my post where I said I use my mifi?

Mine is from Verizon and it's called a jetpac. It's my own little private mini wifi. Works off of cellular service. Password protected and up to 5 devices can be connected to it. I carry it everywhere with me.