5-15 Caribbean Princess-OVERBOOKED

sandymc47

I got a call from Princess yesterday, saying it is overbooked, and if we would consider rebooking for July 24, they would put us in a balcony cabin, a $639 room credit, and $100pp towards air. Unfortunately, we had to turn it down. Just wondering if anyone else received a different offer?

sandymc

Not on that sailing, on the 4/10 Diamond, one family reported a cabin credit of over $2000 for the four of them, like a cruise lottery I guess.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Yes, that's right. The family turned down the original offer & Princess upped the ante. They were even able to cash in the ship credit. I wish I would get an offer like that icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Majesty of the Seas (2)

Norwegian Dawn

Monarch of the Seas

Diamond Princess (5/04)

I just got back from the airport, had to go there to buy some air using vouchers we'd received because we ALWAYS have flexible travel plans and try to cash in on overbooked situations.

Any tips on improving our chances on Princess?

Also, do they ever "bump" cruise passengers because they've oversold?

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

It would really surprise me if they could cash in the shipboard credit - I remember them writing that but I wondered what actually happened. I don't remember them reporting when they got back (or I missed it).

We had an offer once to switch from a Thanksgiving sailing to another week and they told us shipboard credit had to be used and could not be used for future cruise bookings. We turned it down since we really couldn't change.

Yes, the thread entitled Diamond 4/10-Mexican Riviera(long) talks about what happened to the families shipboard credit. At the end of the cruise they still had over 1k left and the purser asked if they wanted have their cc credited or cash it out. They took the $$, lucky dawgs icon_smile.gif I love stories like that icon_biggrin.gif I think it you click my name you can pull up the post.

Majesty of the Seas (2)

Norwegian Dawn

Monarch of the Seas

Diamond Princess (5/04)

I realize this is out of date, but we had a great experience with Princess and overbooking. In 1991 we had booked a 10 day on the Sky Princess (didn't involve any air), about 3 weeks prior TA called to say that Princess was offering an upgrade from inside to larger outside, plus $500 onboard credit. Back in 1992 this was an awesome offer, so we jumped at it. It actually moved our cruise from March to our anniversary in April. Got the onboard credit and on the last day still had money left so "Ex." (that's what he is now) bought me a Sky Princess 14K gold charm. I still have it and wear it when we're (with new DH) cruising. I think Princess does an awesome job compensating those that are displaced.

Deb in South Florida

Caribbean Princess 01/15/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;01;15;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas 3/14/04

Golden Princess 01/25/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01

Majesty of the Seas 11/00

Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99

Carnival's Paradise 11/98

NCL Westward 9/93

MS Dolphin 9/92

Sky Princess 4/91

Regent Sun 4/90

All cruiselines oversell.. often. Its just like a lucky lottery though if yours is one of them. Its always good to have flexible travel arrangements if you think you could take advantage of one of these.

I had an overbooked offer for some clients on the 3/14? Golden Eastern Caribbean cruise. I was very impressed with the offers, but they couldn't switch.

Suzy

NEXT --> Monarch family weekend 10/15/04 & Grand Galveston 12/11/04

Diamond Princess icon_biggrin.gif 5/1/04

Star Princess icon_biggrin.gif 10/18/03 -- Wind Star Honeymoon icon_biggrin.gif 11/14/03

Star Princess Wedding icon_biggrin.gif 9/24/03 -- Mercury icon_biggrin.gif 10/5/03

Vision of the Seas icon_smile.gif 10/28/02 -- Amsterdam icon_smile.gif 4/22/03

Sun Princess icon_biggrin.gif 5/10/02 -- Star Princess icon_biggrin.gif 6/15/02

Carnival Holiday icon_frown.gif 9/8/00

Archived