Cannes to Nice

SarahK81

Hello all! I am looking for advice on the best method of transportation from Cannes to Nice. We will be in port in Cannes from 10 to 5, so have very limited time to sightsee. I have looked at train schedules, and while there appear to be plenty of train departures to Nice in the morning, it seems like the last train back from Nice to Cannes is relatively early in the afternoon, cutting our time there rather short. Does anyone have any other advice on how to get from Cannes to Nice and vice versa?

Hello all! I am looking for advice on the best method of transportation from Cannes to Nice. We will be in port in Cannes from 10 to 5, so have very limited time to sightsee. I have looked at train schedules, and while there appear to be plenty of train departures to Nice in the morning, it seems like the last train back from Nice to Cannes is relatively early in the afternoon, cutting our time there rather short. Does anyone have any other advice on how to get from Cannes to Nice and vice versa?

There are probably local buses that travel from Cannes to Nice. I know there are buses from Nice to Monte Carlo because we have taken them several times.:)

That 10 - 5 port day is a real bummer (have commented on this issue in old posts) and causes lots of problems. You need to be cognizant that Cannes is a tender port and ships will usually give priority tendering to their own tours. This means that if your ship arrives at 10 you will be lucky to get ashore much before 11. And, your last tender back to the ship will probably be about 4:30. You also need to allow time to get from the tender pier to the bus stop or train station (it takes a good 20 min to walk to the train station if you walk fast). Taxis are not always available in Cannes and many of the taxis do not want to take the shaort haul passengers. Keep in mind that the buses are slower than the trains because they make more stops and it takes time to get in and out of both Cannes and Nice. This is not a good situation for going to Nice on public transit because of your time contraints. But, if you can get on an early tender and run fast you might get a few hours in Nice. As to buses the Ligne Bus #200 does run between Nice and Cannes but it takes the slow coastal N8 road and makes loads of stops. I do not have the schedule but would expect that bus to take nearly 1 1/2 hours each way.

Hank

You can take the bus from the tender port to the train station:

Starts from Rue du Port:

http://www.busazur.com/ftp/FR_plan/PLAN%20BUS%20AZUR%202006-6.jpg

Our tender port is at Quai Labeuf.

And the train station is at Gare SNCF.

And here is the schedule for this month for Bus 200 which connects Cannes and Nice.

http://www.rca.tm.fr/ftp/lignes/LIGNE%20200%20-%20NICE%20vers%20CANNES%20-%20Septembre%202009.pdf

We are going one way by train from Cannes to Nice and the other way by bus as we want to try the scenic coastal road bus ride just for 1 EUR.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived